Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Lithunwrap and animation question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I seem to have some problems using milkshape and lithunwrap together.

If I produce a .x with animation from milkshape it loads into DBpro fine with its animation as long as there is only one group in the model - if I have more than one the file wont load. (Using either the normal DX 8.x exporter or the JT DX .x exporter)

If I load any .x with animation from milkshape into lithunwrap for texture layout then save it I lose its animation, It also appears I cannot use APPEND OBJECT the original un-lithunwraped file to the now animation less object to recreate the sequence. Also any .x with more than 1 group will not load into lithunwrap

So whats the solution to getting a nicely textured & animated model into DBPro - is there some option I'm missing in lithunwrap's export system to keep the animation or will this simply not work? If not does that mean I'm stuck using the (inferior) texture cooridination tool in milkshape?
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 03:10
Simple solution ..... texture your models using Lith BEFORE you add any animations.

As for why it will only load into DB if you only have one group... well, I don't know >> works fine for me.

And only use the JT exporter... not the normal DirectX exporter.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

Beta1
Years of Service
User Offline
You know thats such an obvious solution I really should have thought of it....

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 18:13
i'd suggest you do a few test animations BEFORE you export to UV map it, and try to range them to the extremes you'll be using.
in something like Max or Maya its simple to flip a face or two after animating if they look weird and retain the UV mapping but in Milkshape it ain't that simple

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 21:38
Sorry to piggy back this topic but..

Simple:
"And only use the JT exporter... not the normal DirectX exporter."

Is there any particular reason why? Im not disputing or anything, im just wondering because i always used the other exporter (because i didnt know any better) and im wondering if it causes any harm i havnt yet come across yet (ie, should i go reload all my models and re export with jt before its too late? )

I remember a long time ago when i was messing with a demo of darkbasic classic i had bad results from the jt exporter (although it could of been darkbasic messing the importing rather than jt messing the exporting) so when i restarted in dbp recently i just defaulted to the other dx exporter option (which i dont recall having before with the old demo of milkshape, lol)

p4 2.4ghz, 256ddr ram, Geforce4 MX 440
Innovate, redefine, recreate whats in your mind. It isnt fate, you decide, only you can cross that line.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 19:48:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 19:48:43