Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Half-Life2 E3 Movie...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 17:25
i'm wondering if anyones downloaded this movie yet, because i've downloaded it twice from gamesradar.msn.co.uk and it seems to play 2-3seconds just after the guy throws the barrel it stops and jitters between those two frames, but keeps playing and playing the music.

just wondered if anyone else is experiencing this with the Hi-Quality DivX movie ... i've only got DivX 3.11 and 5.0.2 on here could that possibly be why i can't play it all the way through?

i would like to know cause i'm quite anxious to see alot more than just the alpha Mesa Labs Training Course demo i got to play about 3months back, if anyone has a working version of this and don't mind uploading it for me that'd be greatful.
Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 20:37
I downloaded and played it fine. Your DIVX version could indeed be the problem.

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_102.zip
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 20:40
well what version you got?

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 20:44
www.DIVX.com dont complain... download... ;p I saw the whole thing in class... along with HALO2... and 13

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 08:32
just updated to 5.0.5 works fine now... i hate DivX, me want people to export in Bink again, you can export that as a self playing exe no need to bugger around with installing codec and crap

ya know the video is pretty piss poor quality (had it at max quality) and it was just too dark and compressed.
not seen Halo2 at all yet, look forward to seeing it though.
gotta say the upgrade in graphics since they changed to Softimage are pretty high, but they must've tripled thier original polycount - just wonder how fast that is actualy going to run in realtime.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 10:08
Yeah... O_O I gotta see almost everything involving the HalfLife2 Physics engine... amazing stuff...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 11:49
that is a good point... some of those physics look pretty good, but right now i have a feeling that the Canadian company called MathEngine Software has been selling alot of licenses recently

which is probably a good point, i wanna show you something in a few days once i finish debugging this boolean routine for Mete - i've been working on a small demo which takes a huge advantage of IanM's DBpro interface, you may wanna have a look at it puffy ... some impressive things i've achieved by erm 'borrowing' Karma 1.2.1 hehee
also finally get to show RPG the screenshots i wanted to show him from my DBpro shader work (^_^) he's gonna love 'em and give him alot of hope about what can be achieved even with such a limited system. (so many workarounds because of limitations it ain't even funny)

i want a new demo of HL2 cause or even better i wanna know what system it'll need, cause even Carmack has tonned down Doom3's shader and polygon use so that it can be used on current computers.
Valve appear not to give a fudge about getting it on current setups

my question is will the console versions be cutdown, surely the XBox can't handle that kinda graphics and engine in realtime - even JK2 had to be cutdown and it doesn't even come close to that level of detail...

MiniMark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 18:20
Just watched a series of 5 movies of halflife 2 looks fantastic. We had a whole room of modellers and programmers salivating over it. Anyone know of a proposed release date? One game I definately want a bash at.

--Twin P4 Xeon 2.0 Ghz, GeForce Quadro4 XGL 128MB, 1Gb DDR RAM, 19" Flat Screen--
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 19:26
Q2 2004

Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 21:37
>>Q2 2004 ???

September 30th 2003 release!, read the interview with valve in this months PC Format. a 12 page preview.

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7, WinXP Home
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 23:20
riiight... and Doom3 was due out Sept 2002 you point is?
i've yet to see a game actually come out ontime, if they do it then fair enough - but considering Half-Life was delayed by almost 12months and thier other titles have yet to appear i'm going to stick with Q2 2003

sides thats what James McConley told me, and he is the one working on the artwork so if he doesn't reckon he'll be finished until after christmas my guess will be that its not going to be making an appearance for another year.

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 23:50
heh heh, from what I understand the "Source" engine has only just been finished, I doubt they can make a complete SP game in that short a time, while living up to the hype
I just hope it's as good as the first, although if it were BETTER (story and gameplay wise I mean) THAT would be a miracle!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 05:31
And less bland

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 04:55:28