Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Okay first human model

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 22:34 Edited at: 21st May 2003 22:35
hay guy what do you think

i know that the textures are messed up coz the arm texture is also on the under arm and stuff like that. this is my basic model for the sorus's main character. how on milkshape 3d 1.6.6 demo can i make bones coz know i need to animate him

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Current project:The Sorus
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 23:03
think your a better coder

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 23:10
It isn't too bad for a first model - Keep it up Crystal, modelling is a useful skill.

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_102.zip
TigerZ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 23:22
its good for a first try, just remember to keep practicing and never let others put you down, just learn from ur mistakes and ull get better. kinda cliche wasnt it?
id post some of my models that i did, but i dun think u guys gonna like it, since its not DB.

ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 23:26
hey look this is not the model i am using it just to give the sorus's modeler (when he shows up) a better idea of what i need. give i have been a programmer, i am a programmer and i always will be a programmer (with a modeler i hope) but yeah i do need to learn some basics.

Newbie Now; Expert Later
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 23:35
any one get any idas on my texture or animation problem

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 03:56
animate using the joints, select a joint, then select the vertex you want to assign to that joint - then on the Joint tab you click on assign.

click on the animate button and you then use the joints to move the vertices as a group which uses that joint as the pivot point.
remember there is a heirachy which means the joints you make from the first/selected will become a child to that joint.

as for texturing, just map it in milkshape by first doing the front, then you select the individual vertex of areas to pull them out so it seems slightly flatted out... then select the backhalf and unweld then - and move then to the side of the front. Then you can just use paint or something to make a simple texture.

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 21:44
new version (lot more curves) still looking for modeler though

and from animating how do you create bones and joint. when i try to make a joint a gaint cirle comes up that about the size of the whole model

Newbie Now; Expert Later
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 12:30
Hmmmm... that second one is much better..nice progres Crystal

Make it's lower arm less thick, beeing ticker in upper part and going tinner down.
You have it as thick as upper arm.

Also lower leg should be little bit smaller and upper longer.

Add few hairs at his back, seems that when you were modeling them you were looking only on his front.

His chest is already better than at the firsth version, but may be you can do it little bit wider. His torso looks flat.

othervise it would be already used in small game, good work

If you want to know little bit about body anatomy you can look at http://www.fineart.sk/index.html or directly http://www.fineart.sk/body5.htm
There are even some tutorials included. You don't have to make models like those you can see there, but may be you wil get some inspiration there.
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 12:47
And you can adjust size of joint or scale your model that it's bigger. That would solve your gigantic joint problem...

To adjust size of joint you have to go to FILE-PREFERENCES-MISC-. Normaly its 1.00 so try 0.1 or smaller, depend hove big your model is.

Joints you can add bye selecting Joint button and clicking at the screen where you want to have it. You can adjust its position later by selecting it and using standard commands.

When you want to select existing joint you have to mark that option in Select button menu. (may be you know it already)

If you want to add bone, just have joint to which you want bone to belong selected and add another joint. That would create you bone.
That mean that if you continue to clicking, you will create bone to last created joint, because afther you add joint, it wil stay selected.

If you want new joint not to be conected to other joint, just unselect all joints.

if you want to add bone to another joint you already created before, just select that joint and add new one. Bone will be created.

By moving parent joint you adjust position of whole bone.

Experiment yourself little bit with it and you will see its quit easy...
Siege Delux
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 15:21
Nice, cant make eny better (trying too). What do you ues crystal?
The model looks almost like the final fantasy 7 model.

Dreaming Tree Games
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 21:35
i start in doga then unwrap then milkshape

Newbie Now; Expert Later
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 22:51
You made this is DOGA?

That is very good considering the limitations of the software,I tried L-1 and L-2 when I started and I liked to push it to it's limits...I think L-3 has some vertex editing and other tools though...Which version is this?

Running away You're lost for words again Now you`ve got all what you wanted Are you really satisfied?
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
Crystal, are you using a hand drawn or photo reference scanned and added to a plain in your 3d software? It really breathes new life into models, your first human is better than my first human years ago, so don't feel bad, your uvw needs just a slight bit of work, but besides that, draw it out and scan the reference.

AIPX Rocks
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 22:40
i used L-1 and i have drawn lots of picture of the character but not scaned them

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea, Scan those bad boys in! Just apply the scan to a plain or box with 0 for height in your viewports, then you can box or spline model it out, its super effective.

Wayne

AIPX Rocks
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 14:39
don't really undrstand how do i create bones and joints

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 17:42
one thing crystal i would chnage your web address on your profile . Put a http:\\ in front because at the mo your address is www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/www26.brinkster.com/dudemansoftware
on your profile ok

Chaos

Dark worlds are all around us.Open your eyes and you will see.You are still half asleep
http:\\destined.to/ukchaos
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 12:52
okay i'm getting there i now have the skeliton in the right place now how do i assign the verteices to the bones and joints
heres a screen shot

can any one help

Newbie Now; Expert Later
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 15:02
Go to Joints (right button on tools menu), select joint in joints list, then go to Model and shift select verteices you want to assign. Go back to Joints and click Assign button ( be sure both verteices and joint are selected in red)

You can group verteices before assigning. Its easier to have them in groups and then select them in once like whole group in order to assign.

One vertex can be assigned only to one joint.

If you want to deselect, just select joint from list and then click Clear
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 15:05
Bye the way bone is just group of two joints, one is child and one parent. That means that you assign verteices to joints not bones.
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 15:07
Did you do skeleton yourself or you loaded premade one packed inside Milkshape?
Siege Delux
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 16:50
Crystal, if you are going to make nice textures for your model. Try to make them in photoshop 6, you can make em rely nice.

and good luck with the modeling, it seems that im stuck in milkshape. Trying to figure out the tutorial that i found.

Dreaming Tree Games
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 19:47
hey i just use milkshape for putting it all togeather, i don't doing anything inside milkshape.

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Siege Delux
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 16:05 Edited at: 27th May 2003 16:08
O: so what dide u ues?

Hint on model: You could make the head of the model a bit less round!

Dreaming Tree Games
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 16:13
He said he's using Doga L1...There is no way to move a vertex in it.

Only supported operation are TSR.

Running away You're lost for words again Now you`ve got all what you wanted Are you really satisfied?
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 22:07
actarus is right i can't move vertexes or things like that that what milkshape is for and the head is a scaled sphere. remember this is just there as a basic for the beta demo i still need a proper modeler for the full game i also need an assigner for this as i can't do that don't know why. plz don't post many links to tutorials cause i have probally read them.

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Siege Delux
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 11:29
I have 3d studio max 3.1, and Maya 4.5PLE (have no cd-key). You could try out Maya 4.5 PLE it is free and is a bit better than 3d studio max. Or u kould try out anim8or.

Dreaming Tree Games
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 16:06
My advice for beginers

-if you want something for free and you don't mind that you can't export animations out of there try anim8tor

-if you dont mind to spend little money milkshape is your choice, you can model, texture and animate there +export all to diferent formats including .x

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 18:41:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 18:41:42