Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Ok I'm Back! And I have a few new things to show you........

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 11:22
Hey Everyone!
Wow, its been ages since I posted anything. Ah well, guess I've just been busy with things. Anyway I've been messing around in trueSpace (as you do) over the last two nights and I've come up with an interesting smooth divided model. Obviously its only useful for animation purposes. I can't attach any shots of it to this post (my host Tripod won't allow remote linking), but you can see some pics in the 3D ART section of my site (http://xenla.tripod.com). Just click on the Alien Guy Shots

Oh and there's some simple code snippets on my site too now (with more to follow PLUS some trueSpace tutorials x-d ).

Enjoy!
Sina
PS: I'd like to get some critique on this model, you're all more than welcome to be brutally honest with it. x-d
"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 15:04
Ehhhhhhhh your site is soooooooo slow... Nice alien guy

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 16:05
Good model.

But I think you should make those mini-spikes / bulges at the top front of his head a bit sharper, it looks a bit funny atm. because they are very soft and curvy.

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_102.zip
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 05:24
Thanks guys,
Guess I didn't exactly explain about the tentacles (ehehe) coming out of his head. Once I've made a proper skeleton to animate the alien they should kind of hang down by his sides. I should really make some clothes for him as well .
It's also set to level 3 smoothing in trueSpace, taking it back to level 2 helps to make it a little sharper without making it too blocky.
Thanks again though.

Anyone else want to comment?

Cheers,
Sina.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
Siege Delux
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 13:17
Nice 2d/3d arts, keep it going!

Dreaming Tree Games
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 07:09
Cool another reply, thanks Siege Delux!

.........I wonder if I should give out rewards to people who reply hmm.........

haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 08:07
i want an award, great model!!!! lol, no but its really good. I just started with my modeling, and so far ive made a house and a giant hookto stab ppl with. lol. keep up the good work

Sup Kids
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 10:24
Hey as long as its a damn big house and very rusty hook then you won't have any problems making good models .

Thanks for the vote of confidence,
Sina.

Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 18:34
That's a good looking model! The hands and feet need a little work, but otherwise it looks quite professional!

He could probably do with a better texture as well, although the bump mapping does make him look pretty good.

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2003 05:33
Thanks Dr DooMer!
Yeah I'll tweak his hands and feet a little more soon, the meshsmoothing is making his fingers into spikes since its rounding off everything. Its a little annoying.

The texture is just some different shaders I layered on quickly in trueSpace, nothing special (I was looking for an adequate skin tone). I'll give him proper texture maps when he's done.

Thanks again,
Sina.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 11:29:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 11:29:57