Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Two bump mapping problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 16:59
Hello everybody,
I'm using bump mapping on my objects and it works but there are two problems:

1-Objects become VERY dark, and their lighted area is very small.
2-Light trespass objects: objects are iluminated in the light side and in the oposite side of light position (I'm using one single point light, no ambient light.)

I have tried several things like:

- fade object obj_num, 1000 : no change

- set ambient light 100 : no change

- set light mapping on obj_num, light_map_num : no change and black mapping sometimes (the bump map is applied as a black shapes texture).

- increasing gamma on bump map: Lighted areas are lighter, but the rest is still totally black, and the light still appears on both sides (I called it "trespass the object" above, maybe that's not the most correct expression).

Apart from this, the bump mapped surface looks cool, if only it could have a "normal" texture behaviour it would be great.

Anyone please help if you think you can, thank you.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 22:34
Well, The test above are with a radeon 9700 pro. I've tested it with a Geforce4 440 Go and the resulst are different:

- Instead of turning the object black, the bump mapping turns it white!
- the light do not trespass the object (it seems at least, because it is too white to say sometimes!)

I thought you may like to know...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 14:28:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 14:28:41