Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Need help with a simple operation on a cube

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 18:03
I have a cube in Wings 3D and I want to delete the bottom face. Yes, it really is that simple. And yes, I can't work it out.

Anyone help?
Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 18:44
i managed to extract a region but yeah i havent found how to delete it.

if u left click a face and its selected then right mouse and choose extract region to see how far i got as well

hehe sorry i dont use it extensively but i had a go

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 18:52
I figure you have to separate it into 6 separate objects, delete 1 and then combine them again.

But separate doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 22:09 Edited at: 23rd May 2003 22:21
Wings3d does not delete faces that create a gap plus 'separate' would be of use on objects you have combined yourself,no parametric ones like a cube mesh.

Why would you want one in your mesh anyways?

Is this really what you want or is it something more along the lines of modeling on one mesh mesh and see the results on a mirrored one?If so,it's not how to do it in Wings.

Running away You're lost for words again Now you`ve got all what you wanted Are you really satisfied?
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 22:24 Edited at: 23rd May 2003 22:25
Mirror-modeling in wings is as follow.

Make a cube,select a side face,use the Virtual Mirror option 'create'...Model and when you are satisfied with the results,just go in the virtual mirrror menu once again and use the 'Freeze' function to combine both solids.you can also separate them with the 'Break' option..Don't worry about those middles faces,they all are taken care of by the software.That's how Wings is good

Running away You're lost for words again Now you`ve got all what you wanted Are you really satisfied?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 21:24
I want to make a very simple building, but the bottom will never be seen. As I may have 300 - 400 buildings, it would save a lot of polygons.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 15:03
Ok.

When you use the virtual mirror on a selected face it creates an 'hole' so just 'break' the mirror to get rid of both the face and the newly created mirrored object.

After you can select the hole(like 3dMax's Border sub-object) and verify on the top-left screen text if it is indeed a hole(should be described)

Hope it makes sense to you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 06:24:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 06:24:45