Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Blood Stains

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 07:03
I was wondering how i would go about leaving a blood stain or bullet hole on a body or ambient object.

thnx
Cuchuoi
Years of Service
User Offline
hu hu
help me now
i'm a programmer but i'v never code in dark basic. How can i start. plss help me. thanks very very much.

Siege Delux
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 13:13
Tips:

READ READ READ READ READ READ, STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY, BRAIN GETS HURT .

Dreaming Tree Games
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 13:34
well what programmes have you coded in,
and for the blood stains do they always get hit is specfic places coz then you can make a model with the bullet hole and append it then just loop the dead still body

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Current project:The Sorus
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 14:35
For blood & bullet holes, I would use plains. You cant just append an object animation because bullet holes can be in many different places. Get the position where the bullet - wall collision happens and just stick your textured plain there. For the blood just find where the guy dies and stick a blood plain down there.

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
Vid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 05:58
thanks RPGamer, it helped, as for the rest of you...
...what the hell?
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
Well you could texture the matrix tile bloody, or use a multi texture.
if all else fails, make the death animation model have a bloody texture, if he gets hit in different places, just do an animation for each shot (i.e head, torso arm leg, groin) and texture appropriatly, not a great solution, but it works.....

AIPX Rocks
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 15:10
It's actually quite easy though involved. Just make sure you apply the texture of your object in the first place within db, so the texture has an image number. Now anything you draw on a copy of that texture can be reapplied to the model.

So, behind the scenes you create a bitmap other than 0 of the same size as the texture, and when shrapnel or bullets hit the object you want to bleed, you calculate where abouts on the texture that would be and then draw the texture tp your off screen bitmap, then superimpose the image (with background removed) of a bullethole or blood, or even just spatter some shades of red using the dot command over the texture image. Now you get image and texture object and switch back to bitmap 0.

That way you never have to worry about it coming off, it's permanent until you retexture the object with it's original clean texture.

Sorry if that's a lot to swallow, it's not as complex as it sounds really, just get to know the create & set current bitmap commands along with get image and paste sprite. Your sprites are the bulletholes and blood. You can even make it drip down the body if you get clever

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2003 12:53
thats a good idea dammatsumma but i think it might drop your FPS through the floor because GET IMAGE is very slow (in DBP - i not got DBC).
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2003 13:14
True I 'aint tried it in pro but it was fine in dbc and besides there's only one get image per bloodstain or bullethole. To my mind it seems that if you are in the process of getting shot, you won't notice a drop of a few clicks. Besides, this is meant to be done in an offscreen bitmap, you are not actually touching the main bitmap [0] with the function so I doubt there would be any real speed issue, why not try it and see?

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2003 22:53
Its a good idea Danmatsuma, the princible of it would work but it will run as slow as hell in dbpro cause apparently there is a bug in the get image command of which the db team still havent fixed and wont until p5 or 6

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2003 14:17
Yeah I checked it out (get image) and you guys are right it is pretty terrible, works fine in dbc though. To be honest I'm getting a little frustrated with dbpro about a certain few things and hope patch 5 will see some dramatic improvements in certain areas... I'm putting some things on hold till then, sticking to modelling/texturing and sound design. At least then the media is there when the language is complete

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 15:59:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 15:59:03