Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Milkshape Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 18:05
Why can I not place vertices or groups at exact coordinates in milkshape? I know you can place them and move them with the mouse, but I cannot find a way of place a vertex at a specific point, for example, at (10,10,10) exactly.

In Anim8or, I could just double-click on a vertex and I would be able to type in the coordinates of a vertex, but I can't do this in Milkshape.

Thanks, David
Spec - Abit NF7-S nForce 2, AMD Athlon 2100+, 256Mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000Pro, 20Gb Seagate U6, DVD-ROM, Zip 100, 15" TFT monitor
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 18:15 Edited at: 24th May 2003 18:16
Milkshape won't do this...It only allows you to set a the unit number you wish to move it so really there is no 'world/local coordinate' editor...Not very precise isn't it?

On the other hand,free trueSpace 3.2 on download.com does just that and much more than milkshape can dream about.

Running away You're lost for words again Now you`ve got all what you wanted Are you really satisfied?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 18:37
well you can do it from the Vertex Menu...
at the end you'll see a command called "Manual Edit" 'Ctrl-Alt-E' using that you can edit the actual 3D positions of the individual vertex selected.

there is also the 'ctrl-g' which allows you to snap vertex to the grid and from there you could move them using the input movement instead of just dragging them.

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 10:39:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 10:39:30