Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / A dll for new text, bitmap and image commands

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 22:06
this isnt really a WIP post because I'm looking for some further ideas for a dll which is barely a WIP... flame it if you will though....

I am in the process of putting together a new dll to add some extra text, bitmap and image commands...

aside from the obvious ones like get image width, height, depth, pixelcount, pixel col etc and ones to convert, flip, mirror, rotate, brighten, darken, resize, posterise, inverse colour, grayscale etc and get alpha, red, green, blue bytes and colour at pixel, draw dots, lines, squares etc,

what other image commands would you like to see? (ie. I will try to impliment and probably fail)

I am working on image merging and morphing commands and an image scrolling command. I am also toying with commands to create heightmap, texturemap and detailmap images and a command to turn images semi-seamless.... just a few ideas.... any others?

with text, I am looking at adding field, l/r trim and cut commands, text search commands and other oddities... any other ideas?

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 22:08
wrong forum..this should go to the DLL talk.

come see night shift at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106003&b=25 see you there
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 22:20
@bass guy - whoops you're right - forgot about that forum - hope a mod can transfer rather than flame...

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 00:25
Remember there is already a built in command for;

get image width(imgnum)
get image height(imgnum)

Boo!
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 00:48
@ spooky - yeah, know about hidden commands - wrote my own anyway - can speed trial them then (I know, pointless)...

Xolatron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 03:01
What I'd personally like (whether or not anyone else can use it is another question) is a convert image function that calls Microsoft GDI+ (gdiplus.dll from the WINDOWS\system32 directory).

Why? Because interlaced jpegs are black in DBpro, and this would avoid an annoying pop-up in a program I'm working on.

Otherwise I'll have to try to make sense of some Visual Basic nonsense I found that does this.

--------

Hi spooky!

More undocumented commands:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=58158&b=1
Apparently I couldn't type back then. Well, can't say that I can now, either.
The image width() and image height() ones work flawlessly... don't know why TGC has those undocumented. A few of the others can act funny if there's an error, but I think they're all usable.

-Xol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 11:26:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 11:26:06