Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Setting normals in a memblock mesh...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am writing a small level editor for my new game. The idea is that you fly around, and a tunnel mesh is dynamically created, following the path of flight. This is all working fine, but I have run into a problem with the normals. I am setting the 'normal' coordinates for each vertex to the centre of the tunnel, but this seemed to texture the outside of the tunnel. So I tried setting all the normal coordinates to 1 - hoping this would give me some strange results - but again, all the textures are on the outside of the tunnel. No matter what I set the normals to, the textures are on the outside. Am I doing something stupid, or does DB-Pro always set the normals to the 'outside' of an object when you create an object from a memblock mesh?
I hope someone can help me with this.

Cheers.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 06:45
Use negative values and see if that works.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 12:31
You could try reversing the order in which a triangle is created, so vertex3 is first then vertex2 and then vertex1 for every single triangle...

project: light/obscurance mapper (80% done)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 16:30:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 16:30:08