Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Can't move objects in Newton Wrapper!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've created an extremely basic little program that is meant to move a simple stickman model forward until he collides with a hut 500 units away. there's just a basic box around the hut, so the open door should still repel him. Problem is, he won't move!

The strangest thing is that I compiled this once and it worked just fine. The second time, and every time since then, it's failed to move.

I'll attach a zip file with the media I'm using plus the code. Here's the snippet as well for whoever's interested.

Thanks so much!!
Weedfox

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Weedfox
Years of Service
User Offline
FIXED IT!

The problem was that the program needed this ONE SIMPLE LINE OF CODE. Apparently in Newton whenever an object comes to rest (or in this case starts at rest) it automatically freezes it. I hope this helps people who may run into my situation.

NDB_NewtonBodySetAutoFreeze StickmanBody, 0

THAT'S IT! I just put it before I did the release command and it worked perfectly fine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-23 13:22:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-23 13:22:07