Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Sparky's DLL and DarkGDK - Can they work together?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 22:38
I THINK Sparky's dll references DBPro objects because of the fact you can hand it an object number - and it can "learn" about the object - for example sc_setupobject.

This makes me wonder if it may be to difficult - simply not compatible.

Does anyone have any input on this?

I want to go all out DarkGDK so I can get the language benefits of either C++ or FreePascal - but I really have come to rely on Sparky's DLL for collision simply because the DBPro collision is awful and is rather slow when compared to Sparky's. Not to mention Sparky's Slide functions are simply excellence for game applications.

Thank you in advance.

Jason

Know way to many languages - Master of none
GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 22:59 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2007 23:00
From what I've been learning about DLLs (all of 2 days worth!) I think he would need to compile a seperate version for each kind of C because they all have slightly different manglers/interfaces. Dark GDK comes in a couple of diferent versions for example.

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 15:32
I found that in the "Paul Johnson" thread - (Search for sparky's DLL) that he now has a DarkGDK version installed.

I'm still waiting on my order so I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet - but I'm hoping I can translate the headers and use everything from FreePascal. It's simply a better language speed wise and syntax wise (and other reasons) however its biggest drawback is you need to translate C/C++ headers all the time to figure out how to use the external DLL's you want to use.

It might be to tricky to do if DarkGDK requires compiling the DriectX headers each time... then I can't simply translate the DarkGDK and Sparky Headers.

Know way to many languages - Master of none

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 13:28:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 13:28:01