Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / .FLI or .AVI to SPRITE in Dark Basic Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 10:11
Has anyone created a utility that converts a .FLI or .AVI file to a DarkBasic or DarkBasic Pro SPRITE ? Or a program that allows you to cookie cutter various images from a screen and save themin a DB compatible format to be converted to sprites ? Thanks.

Regards, Don Wile
Nilrem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 18:02
Never knew it was even possible.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 21:16
Don't know what a .fli is but you can export avi and mpg frames to bmp with virtualdub http://www.virtualdub.org/ or any video editor.

Then it's just a matter of using a paint program to edit the images to your requirements.
Nilrem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 01:48
but that's frames, I thought he meant he wanted whatever he exports to be animated, i.e. export .avi to .bmp and still have it all animated; is this what you were getting at thedubdude?

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Porl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 15:21
for making an animated sprite you still have to grab all the frames as seperate sprites then link them togethor to get the animated effect....i dont know if you could use .gifs as animated sprite files as they hold frames? ...hmm ...

im real new to darkbasic so im not sure myself...

Porl''

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 05:45:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 05:45:09