Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / WHY WHY WHY OH WHY GOD WHY

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all,

Just a little frustrated with trying to do animation in anim8tor/milkshape etc.....I can model and texture fine but I just cant figure the damned things out when it comes to animation
Its funny that it is stumping me in this way, I find the actual game programming to be easier Ah well, just wanted to vent....thx for your time.
THANX!
RossageSausage

p.s. to webmaster: How bout a forum subject below "newbies corner" entitled "LET IT OUT!!" where people like me can go to yell er type to vent.....(I could write a novel :-s ) THANX!!!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 12:16
Hehe, welcome Rossage - you feel the pain of a thousand DB'ers - most of us have this problem.

I suggest getting hold of Character FX - pretty much ideal for mesh animation in DBPro.

Van-B

Hate me clown because I'm not from your town y'all. Hate me clown.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 15:03
Well, next time, try to make your post a little more..helpful, that way, more people will be able to help. I suggest reading this

http://dakoren.home.attbi.com/

which is a quick animation tutorial for milkshape. Also, go to the milkshape website, go to tutorials, then do the CS girl tutorial. Very good.

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
RossageSausage
Years of Service
User Offline
HI

Thanx for the reply guys.....I wasnt really seeking answers as much as merely venting cause I have been spending countless hours learning db (much to the expense of a normal life) and found an even bigger road block than the programming language itself lol. I'm not giving up though, just wanted to know that my pain was not alone when dealing with 3d. I'll check out character fx and others......I am going to dive deep into anim8tor for now, just hope it doesnt push out my newly learned db knowledge

Thanx,
RossageSausage

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 11:24
Actually, you'll probably find you understand DB a great deal better once you get some modelling knowledge. It's like you work blind at first because your not used to 3 dimensions, modelling teaches you to visualise the shapes in your head and plan what your doing.

It'll only get easier, just take your time, don't skim anything, and every now and then check out online tutorials to give you ideas or help you suss out the difficult bits (UV mapping is on par with modelling in the difficulty stakes).

Van-B

Hate me clown because I'm not from your town y'all. Hate me clown.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 17:51:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 17:51:50