Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / does anyone know.....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all,

Does anyone know of any good tutorials for Anim8tor pertaining to...well animation. I'd like to import my .3ds files into this but I cant animate them SOOOOOO I need to learn how to make a "good model" from scratch in Anim8tor. Any websites you can point me to would be greatly appreciated. (Btw the tutorial that comes with anim8tor is a just little too vague\basic for my needs if you were thinking I didnt read it )
THANX!!
RossageSausage
p.s. Thanks to my need for 3d models I have to learn yet ANOTHER program.....my brain hurts
Beta1
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought there was a way of importing 3ds into anim8or. Isnt it supported under the object ->import menu?

And just as an aside you know that even if you get your 3ds in to anim8tor you cant get the animations out as animated x files...

arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 13:00
Sorry, I dont have any links, but I know that you have to make parts as diferent objects imn order to animate them. Means that left leg have to be made like 1object and right like 2nd.

To make diferent objects inside one project you have to go to Object and then click New or Import.

Then you have to svith Mode and build your figure out of bones and objects..
RossageSausage
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all

Thanx for the info.......I know I CAN import 3ds files but I cant import them into the sequence or figure editor.....you can only use anim8tor files. Ah well...just means I have to use anim8tor for character modeling & animation.

Off to Learn YET ANOTHER PROGRAM
RossageSausage

Siege Delux
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 11:37
Tips:

Download Maya 4.5PLE (The best modeling programm) FREE.
The original version costs about 6573$.

Download Milkshape v.6 (Nice modeling prog, can import meny other files) FREE.

Dreaming Tree Games
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 18:13
Amin8or, not Anim8tor.

Anyway, I use it and have found that when you import a .3ds as an object, it is only one object, and you can't seperate it's limbs anymore. It appears faded also, meaning that Anim8or treats it as one object, without limbs. Pretty annoying. Take Siege's advice.
(Milkshape v.6 is free? Where do I get it!?

Xander
Bolt of Bolt Software Productions
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 18:53
Milkshape is free for 1 month, thenm you have to register, it's only like $15 and most people here use it. As for Maya 4.5PLE, it's a demo which means the save will be gone or a slash screen will always be there or something. Get Milkshape, it's the best program for the amount you pay, plus Milkshape2 is being devoloped which will gie both Maya and Max a run for there money.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 03:44:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 03:44:03