Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Displaying a 3D object in a 2D window/frame

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd like to display a 3D object in a "window" created by a 2D frame (made by just lines and box commands) in dBPro. The problem I have is that the 3D object's background "wipes" out the 2D screen (probably layered on top). Is it possible to restrict the 3D display to a section of screen?

Also, is it possible for a single dBPro application to create and dislay more than one window on the screen at anytime (eg. so that they can be separately minimised etc)?
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 03:30
Try using DRAW TO FRONT when making your lines, and also try making it a sprite.

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 18:08
There is a command for the camera viewport. Something like "set camera viewport x1,y1,x2,y2" or something like that. I use it to have a 2D information bar setup in my 3D games. All 3D will be drawn and displayed in that part of the screen only, all other parts of the screen will be left alone so you can draw in them and stuff.

Xander
Bolt of Bolt Software Productions
Tippex
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the suggestions ... I'll give them a go!

Tippex
Years of Service
User Offline
set camera view x1,y1,x2,y2 works well (thanks).

Quote:
Also, is it possible for a single dBPro application to create and dislay more than one window on the screen at anytime (eg. so that they can be separately minimised etc)?

Does anyone know if multiple windows are possible with dBPro?
eg. Is there access to the Windows API?

Cheers.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 16:34 Edited at: 29th May 2003 16:34
-Does anyone know if multiple windows are possible with dBPro?

I believe there are workarounds if you couldn't but I have no idea...Still,impossible isn't in a programmer's dictionnary from what I've seen in the past years.

Running away You're lost for words again Now you`ve got all what you wanted Are you really satisfied?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 03:50:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 03:50:25