Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / exporting for darkbasic pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 11:47
I was wondering what are the best ways of exporting models from Character FX or milkshape. I have animated a character in Character FX, and can load it in milkshape by saving it as a milkshape ascii file (with the animation). However, when I try to export it as a .x file from Character FX or milkshape and load it into a darkbasic pro game, I can't see it.

I don't think the code in DarkBASIC Pro is wrong as it is very simple - it just loads the model and allows you to move the camera around with the arrow keys, but I still can't find it anywhere in the 3d space! Using the object size commands return the correct values, and it isn't too big or small, I just can't see it.

In the exporters for Character FX and milkshape, there are a lot of values and options that can be changed, but I don't know what these should be set at so I've left them at the defaults ( ). I am using the normal directx exporter in milkshape, but even exporting from Character FX doesn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks, David
Spec - Abit NF7-S nForce 2, AMD Athlon 2100+, 256Mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000Pro, 20Gb Seagate U6, DVD-ROM, Zip 100, 15" TFT monitor
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 16:15
Can be that your modell is too big or too small, so try to play with scale.

When exporting from milkshape to .x there is scale option, try diferent scale. Default is 0.1 which is too small mostly.
Beta1
Years of Service
User Offline
agreed - if your exporting from milkshape try using JTs Direct X exporter and set the scale to between 1 and 10, leave everything else the same. Also make sure your not in animation mode, that really screws things up. Failing that check your object is being exported at models origin. Maybe its offset by a large amount and off screen.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 04:29:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 04:29:41