Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [STICKY] Model/Media Pack Ideas.....The Master Thread.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2007 15:50
That's just rich, I'm not sure if Dan was joking but I know Keith was.
Quote: "boy parts"
Quote: "I would like a pack of balls."

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2007 19:06
hehe, i think he was trying to say body parts.

TATBS 1.8 is now fully functional. Brilodis is having its districts extracted to Battle City. Krina and Karin are twice the size. And you’ll see 5 times as many breeds of monsters... It’s Kalspher V3.
Dan the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 00:08 Edited at: 18th Dec 2007 22:35
(Edited by me)

Who are you and why are you here?
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 03:14
Quote: "I would like a pack of balls."

There's a joke in there somewhere... and I'm sorely tempted...

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 06:44
Quote: "There's a joke in there somewhere... and I'm sorely tempted..."

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 15:30
I laughed really hard after I saw that one.

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2007 17:03
i want some balls cus well i wanna do what they did in serious sam2
like you shoot in the hoop and you got more points like that but a weapon.

working on a game called "dark prison"
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
I think that we should have a Zombie Pack(Not Characters though)
More Science labs segments.
And Zombie weapons e.g. Zombie Hands(Included in MP10 and 9 so...)Zombie hands holding weapons though.

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2007 13:14
Quote: "I think that we should have a Zombie Pack(Not Characters though)
More Science labs segments.
And Zombie weapons e.g. Zombie Hands(Included in MP10 and 9 so...)Zombie hands holding weapons though."

Right so a new zombie pack, but with no zombie models... But the guns we already have, where you can already apply a zombie texture to.

Sounds like a great idea...

TATBS 1.8 is now fully functional. Brilodis is having its districts extracted to Battle City. Krina and Karin are twice the size. And you’ll see 5 times as many breeds of monsters... It’s Kalspher V3.
Party Crasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 18:18
I would like to see a kunai, or something along those lines.

Thank god for LAN.
Party Crasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 18:18
I would like to see a kunai, or something along those lines.

Thank god for LAN.
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 07:17
I'm actually wondering what the most popular request for media is here, been through the thread; but it's really tough to see what people want as it's all so mangled.

Perhaps the guy who made the thread could go through it and make a list of what people have suggested so-far.

I would think that perhaps themes (like the guy who asked for a London/England theme pack), but not sure. Was thinking of working on a media pack, with a handful of segments, weapons, characters, level objects, etc.

I mean that is what springs to mind when someone says "media/model pack" to me, rather than what TGC have been releasing. Take TimeSplitters as a good example, you have all of the tiles(segments), models and weapons for each theme available. So you have a general set of level building parts that you can literally retheme depending on what sort of mood you want to create.

Dunno really, I mean Jon is really going to town with his Medievil pack; and it's looking great. That said I don't really see any more modern warfare packs though.. like Swat, Civilians, etc. It's all far to futuristic, apart from the 2 new model packs (that not being funny to the creator of them but putting the same weapons in both to pad them is a bit of a con to those paying the £15 for each one just to have the complete weapon set and making them feel they've bought more than they really have).

Because of the complete non-fluidity (or continuity) between packs, and the fact they only ever seem to focus on giving you alot of a single aspect rather than a couple of all of the aspects to make a perfectly themed game style.. dunno makes everything look patched together for those who can't do this stuff for themselves.

Don't take this as much as a rant about the current state of things as more, well a request for you guys to ask what you'd like to see as more complete solutions.

Remember that reference images REALLY help too to get that feel you're after just right. Although one thing I won't work on is WW2 packs, sorry but although the current ones are fairly crap; I'm sick and tired of WW2 artwork always being done. Why doesn't anyone want something like WW1 stuff ever? you know it was actually a more interesting conflict after all.. or Vietnam.. perhaps Colonial times, etc.
Maybe a cartoon fantasy style (ala World of Warcraft) or such, I dunno just spitting out ideas that you guys can go into more depth about.

I mean just think about the games you actually want to create really. After all that is a big part of what media you will want in the end. No point in thinking up a traditional zombie game that everyone else is doing when you could have a game like say 24.. that would be damn interesting to see some modern games set around the police or stopping terrorism that isn't a multiplayer only thing... Counter-Strike Deleted Scenes for example was an outstanding game, as was Rainbow Six Vegas.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "apart from the 2 new model packs (that not being funny to the creator of them but putting the same weapons in both to pad them is a bit of a con to those paying the £15 for each one just to have the complete weapon set and making them feel they've bought more than they really have)."

Obviously I am biased but I think MPs9/10 are competitive with the proceeding weapon pack. The two basic melee attacks are not counted in the weapon total caption. Neither are secondary fire versions. Most of the weapons that look similar between the two packs have different functioning and some info is not advertised such as the alternate hand skins which are included.

On topic, I'd think that some of the most craved media is for enemy characters/monsters. Specifically, non-bipedal creatures usable across a variety of time-line settings.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 17:39
I think the problem with some of the ideas for a themed pack, is that they could be too specific and therefore limit your cutomer base (and therefore, your income). A lot of the modern day types of packs can be used by multiple developers, for multiple game-types.

Again, for all the work that goes into these packs, FPSC-users get a heck of a deal for their money; not only for the models themselves, but also for taking the extra time to make everything FPSC-friendly.

-Keith

The Invincible
Years of Service
User Offline
Perhaps a Vietnam pack, with SKS , M60s , Mossberg 500, M16, and simple retextures of the tommys to make them look like vietnmese soilders
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "simple retextures of the tommys to make them look like vietnmese soilders"

That actually works pretty well. Did a couple versions of that a couple weeks ago and will post the retextures when I get a chance.
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to see a nice looking coffee pot
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 21st Sep 2007 21:41
hi guys
im getting the fpsc x10 soon and i already planned out my game storyline
but im not sure ifseveral main charecter entities will be in there

can u guys make some character entities i can download for free and use them lincense free
thank u

here are the models i need most important on top

a freaky little girl like from fear or the ring (i NEED this model she will be the main antagonist thanks)

and some important but wanted enemy models

parasite zombie things (like from halo)
demon monsters (like from doom)
and of course a chainsaw

thankyou guys soo much im really gonna need these models

shadow666
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 21st Sep 2007 21:47
oh and cheesecake
i really like the design thing which shows when u write something (u know the thing with those monsters)
is it possible for u to make a model pack with those creatures

ps im new here so i dont really know about modeling
or this site for that matter
if u guys dont make models than sorry for bothering you

shadow666
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2007 02:34
How about a pack of 'end boss' type characters? There seems to be plenty of weird and wonderful 'human size' type characters but how about large ones? perhaps 2 - 3 times as big? Something you could use as some sort of end of level thing?

"he is coming!..." - WIP in 'Showcase'
force master
Years of Service
User Offline
How about some box model shapes. Like things that could be used a dividers in room. Different shapes L*W*H These should be easy enough for someone to design. You could design room dividers Celing hedges. Some really simple things would help a person change the look of a room alot.
Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I agree with Cheese Cake. There's a bit of a calling for more enemies and less static entities. For example, save for the characters in the first four model packs, there hasn't really been any decent characters released for the general public. Everyone's making all these cool enemies for their own projects, granted, but there hasn't really been anything released for the rest of us that could compare save for D13 and Butters. So far, aside from those two, the Lich model that Basil Studio made is the only thing that can qualify as a boss, and that's really not even made for an FPS...

Duplex, most of the games you mentioned are more military-based games, and military-based games, by nature, don't really have a boss. I think what Cheese Cake is talking about is more the sci-fi or horror type games.

I also agree with Raven, though--some of the model packs seem a little random. What ever happened to the fantasy packs Bond1 and Jon Fletcher were working on? Those were actually shaping up to be awesome packs, and yet there seems to be a halt on both of them.
force master
Years of Service
User Offline
They are releasing those in conjunction with X-10

We need some better characters.

Also things we don't need. GUNS we don't need any more stinking weapons.

We need entities and room modifiers.

Also some more out doors stuff couln't hurt. Along with some buildings.
Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Force Master:

Okay, that makes sense. I've kind of been MIA for a while because of some personal issues, so I was unsure of some things.

On topic again:
I'm using a separate post to plot more of what I'm thinking, since I was more of a "I agree" type of post, but there was still some good thoughts there.

First, no more segments and weapons, at least for a while. If you do, at least do some more urban types, like exteriors and roads. As many segments are available, you should be able to make a decent game out of them. And weapons? Between the four model packs that are based on weapons, there's at least 60 new weapons between them. Aside from a few sci-fi type weapons, we should be good on those for a while.

Which leaves entities.

I see people are talking about needing more non-human entities. Let's see...we have god-knows-how-many zombies, two versions of a werewolf, a pack of spiders, a couple of mummies, a Frankenstein's monster, Butters' awesome free pack he released a while back, the Basil Studio lich, and the dragon and pitcrawler by Rolfy. The other two models I've seen, yet another zombie and a duelist robot, were never released, but look good enough to be. About the only thing I haven't seen yet are vampires, and I'd be willing to bet money that someone's retextured a few models in order to do that! Barring Cheese Cake releasing his own mindblowing creations, I think it's safe to say we have enough biped nonhumans to last a while. Whatever hasn't been created can be textured from another model to look that way.

Part of what we need are more complex creatures. I'm not saying to have them as freebies, hell no. As complex as humanoids are, I can imagine the work that would go into an animal. But by the same token, there's only so many times you can blow up a zombie before you go "Okay, what else can I kill?" The spider and bat in Gravematter is a good start, but we need more animalistic enemies. Wolves, tigers, more mythic animals, giant birds, hell, I'd settle for a giant bunny at this point! Just so you can break up the monatony of killing humanoids all the time. And animals don't need to reload their weapons, thereby increasing the in-game challenge.

If we have to have more bipeds, though, I think we need to stay out of the monster realm for a little while and go more human. Stay away from military games, for instance. The only logic I could let slide on that is a more modern style of military for a Gulf War/Rhwanda Conflict type game. Military outfits are cookie-cutter, so there's not really a whole lot of models you'd need for one of those games. Even if we have to go into stereotypes, the sci-fi and modern-era genres are clearly under-represented in terms of the human representation.

I'll admit, I'm a bigger guy, and I'm a little disappointed that the only 'fat' models are zombies. I wouldn't mind seeing a few chunkier entities in the games, to give things a little more realism. Not every hero's gotta have the Brad Pitt Standard, and as independent developers, we have a chance to buck the system.

And I also think there's a severe shortage of female entities in the games. I know they're usually not prevelant in games like this, but like Locrian's doing with his game, I think a female presence in a game could make things a lot more interesting. The last real FPS heroine that was introduced was Samus Aran, and that was back in the mid-80s before FPS was even a genre. Hell, even people I've been talking to in my area that are FPS fans would like to see more females in the games to shake things up. Now, when we have a chance to make that happen by having women look badass, we get one heroine type, a standard girl, a nurse, and a bikini model. *raises eyebrow* Ten years ago that might have worked in a period game, but it doesn't really seem fair by today's standards.

Basically, I'm thinking more urban and sci-fi genre characters, with an emphasis on animal-like enemies, 'bigger' characters, and more females. Hold off on segments and weapons unless there's enough people asking for certain things to consider it.

That's what I'm thinking, anyway...
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 09:58
Gemstone Games.
I totally agree with you!
We have enough weapons now that model pack 9&10 are available.
But if we do need weapons then its cool to have sci-fi based weapons.
Or maybe some weird weapons, anyone played Darkwatch?
Well that sort of weapons.

But now the bigger thing.
We basically have enough human (anatomy) characters.
So it would be sick if we could introduce into our games
for example: A mutant tiger/bird or such.
Or maybe just the realistic, for people that want to create
a hunting type of game.

It would bring FPSC to a whole new level.

Cheers,
Cheese Cake.

Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
I would prefer to have normal human characters. Just ordinary people .

I am not into fantasy myself and prefer to makes games that are more based in reality.

Ideas

Terrorists, soccer moms, business suits, firemen, paramedics, drug dealers, prostitutes, fat people, professors, store clerks...
yeroc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2007 00:11
it'd be cool if we got a gun similar to the one in PORTAL

a "sewers" giant segment pack would be sick!

(\___/)
|||--(0 . 0)--->
("_____("
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2007 01:12 Edited at: 9th Oct 2007 01:17
Yeah, the gravity gun/portal maker to make our own portal game with even harder... PUZZLES!!!

My suggestion would be... Ummm....:

1) at least one vehicle that players can drive around in... That way we can retexture it to whatever the comunnity likes...
2) More sci-fi characters. How about(I haven't seen this done yet) a sci-fi(Like in the future) cop...
3) MORE WEAPONS!!! We need more weapons... Maybe watch Futureweapons to get ideas for new weapons.

Colon
Years of Service
User Offline
i need a drop ship for my game, im new, so if this isent the right place to post, sorry
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
I must admit as was said before, we don't need any more guns, we could do with a load more outdoor stuff, like plantation, i know you can download some free stuff but to be honest i would prefer it officially from TGC-FPSC. Outdoor stuff like trees, bushes, grass, decent grass which actualy perhaps moves when you are walking in it.

BJKDAW
Markswii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 04:49
The thing I want the most is some sort of a hairy beast he should walk on two legs and should have a kind of grunting noise play randomly. The last thing is he should have a club that he pulls up over his head and slams you with. I keep saying it should but it is more of a it would be cool if...
Sloan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 22:23
While I am new to the forums, I have done my share of searching... A lot of good ideas, variety will be best for everyone, But I don't think any of the ideas should be discounted. Perhaps just a little creative spinning can yield better enemies. (ie...zombies. who says they have to be human.)
alimpo83
Years of Service
User Offline
I can do outdoor terrains easily, with good results, using Bryce. If you guys are interested, I'll make a small pack with 2 or 3 terrains (low poly meshes covering some large areas) with rocks and so.

Would you guys be interested in that?

BTW, I've made a Alien Entity Pack.

BUY ALIEN ENTITY PACK HERE : [url]www.freewebs.com/alimpo83[/url]
Colon
Years of Service
User Offline
i would like it, it would be sweet
Colon
Years of Service
User Offline
oh, i would like that alien pack
alimpo83
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's a small (and fast) test. I've done the terrain in bryce, then exported. Low poly of course.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2007 13:53
It looks okay. But do the enemies work fine on it, can they walk around?

alimpo83
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2007 14:40 Edited at: 16th Oct 2007 14:55
Some parts they do, some they don't. I'll test a bit more.

EDIT: If it's really low or almost 100% plane, the enemies won't have any problem on walking. So this limitation will allow to use sloped terrains and so, while placing the enemies on more plane terrain, to avoid collision issues.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2007 21:14
I know how to make it so that enemies can walk on it, import it into segment editor and make it a floor segment, it works well.

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2007 15:10
alimpo83.
Look at Rolfy terrains thread.
He explained some parts of his terrain.

Also i made some terrains myself and noticed when exported to an
segment it worked better then an entity with enemy collision on it.

Anyway...
Would anyone like a new enemy pack?
I am currently making lots of enemies like: Zombies, Otherly world creatures, etc...etc...
I am also making a free-pack which includes static entities.
In all kinds of different themes: Arena, Office, Church, etc...etc...

Cheers,
Cheese Cake.

Gizmoguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2007 15:20
i think a new enemy pack would be great especially azombie/creature one

xxxxxoutxxxxxxx
Colon
Years of Service
User Offline
zombies would be tight, hey, can you guys animate an alien space ship?
cause i made a modle, and i want it animated and uv maped
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 10:21
Quote: "Would anyone like a new enemy pack?"

Does a bear... in the woods! A new enemy pack would be awesome.

"he is coming!..." - WIP in 'Showcase'
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 18:51
Some more rooms... And why is sprite pack 1 called sprite pack 1?

Will there be another sprite pack? And if so, when?

I am The Master. You will obey me!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 10:54
yeh some more sprites would be nice

but i'm going with the majority here and they say...

BRING ON THE MUTANT-ZOMBIE-RESIDENT-EVIL-ISH type of enemies!

we're talking creatures with bite attacks, claw attacks, try to rip you up attacks, I mean ain't we sick of enemies that just stand and shoot.

I wanna big ugly sonofa***** charging towards at speed 500 with big bloodstained claws at the ready!

You can tell i'm an old-school gamer, right?
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 18:41
I agree. Some more bloody zombies, and maybe crawling ones!

I am The Master. You will obey me!
game ferret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 19:08
cooler looking zombies would be great. the stock one just look like a normal guys with no skin. they should crawl and have huge mouths and long sharp bloody claws

visit gameferret.kk5.org!ALL FREEWARE, ALL THE TIME!
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2007 04:46
.Police officers
.Riot police with shields and helmets
.Security guards
.FBI
.Gang members
.Pedestrians
.A batton and riot shield melee weapon
.Make-Shift sort of weapons like pipes, clubs, bricks ect
Nikogiant
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2007 19:45
well i'm going pretty back, but what about western with some nice code to fit nicely into the game.

http://freewebs.com/deluxework -- The not so great game creator
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2007 13:01
yeah western media would rock

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 05:34:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 05:34:49