Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Using darkmatter for 2d games?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was looking at the dark matter 1 models and wondered whether the models and animations could be used in 2d games in jpeg or bmp. I have game maker and blitz basic3d.
I'm not sure of the formats these files are in or how they could be used in a 2d game.
any advice would be appreciated..thx
diseased
Years of Service
User Offline
that wouldnt be too hard, possibly just time consuming depending on what softare you are using. I used to use 3d canvas, but it is junk, and i dont remember if it can even render video... the more professional software is best... 3d max, maya, etc if you have access to them..

if your using a 3d program that can batch render frames, you can render the animated model as a tga file or png or whatever else has an alpha map, and then use the 2d files it produces as sprites.

if you cannot render them, there is a way, but that just involves hours and hours of cut-paste-edits on every single frame.... which i would not suggest.
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2007 11:09
actually it wouldnt'. if u rendered each frame as an image file u could definetly render them as fake threed in multimedia fusion developer a very nice 2D engine. that u can fake 3d with.
http://www.clickteam.com

Your signature has been erased by a mod

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-27 05:18:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-27 05:18:17