Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Doyle on the run - Small Sidescrolling 2D Jump'n'run-Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 15:30
Ah, OK, now I see what you mean. But I'm not sure how to fix that... will see what I can do, maybe I could simply make the collision-box smaller.

Visit the DBPro - Speed up your game-Thread. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=88661&b=1
Game King
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 16:57 Edited at: 7th Aug 2007 16:57
@Mr Kohlenstoff~ Hey thankx for ur help again. I got some ideas for Doyle..

*Vents, Trampolines, ect.
*Moving platforms
*Platforms that break when u stand on them.
*Ground enemies that can hurt u.
*Healthpacks
*Powerups (fast walk, higher jumping, invisible, and invinsible)
*Two Players?

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 17:24
Thanks, interesting list.

Trampolines etc. would be easy to integrate, breaking platforms too.

Moving platforms would need a change of the actual system, more or less, but wouldn't be so much work, so also not really a problem.
Same with healthpacks and powerups.

Groundenemies are much more complex I think... and I still don't know how they should behave, but they would definately be a great feature for more fun, challenge and motivation in the game.

A coop-Mode... is also a good idea, but I will think about it later, first I want to "finish" the planned features.

Visit the DBPro - Speed up your game-Thread. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=88661&b=1
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 15:54
I have no idea how to include the "intelligent" enemies at all... I guess it wouldn't be a problem to code the AI, I just don't know how he should behave. And I don't want to change the map-file-format again. Maybe I could freeze him as long as the player is not in sight, and activate when he notices the player... and follows him then. But then I am not sure how to kill the enemy. Or the enemy could have a worse jump-power, so the player is able to jump on a block the enemy can't reach... or he jumps on the enemys head.
If anyone has an idea what to do, please tell me.

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 17:11 Edited at: 19th Jan 2009 21:47
Nice game. I watched the video and I have to say - the levels are huge! The game reminds me a bit of Commander Keen, you could shoot back at the enemies in that game.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - mediafire image wasn't found
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 17:22
Yes I know commander keen, was a funny little game. But the platform system was different I think.. not just this blocks with predefined size, but individual ground-types etc. with variable size.. That made the simple enemies possible, which just ran around on their platform, as far as I remember. Thanks for the comment btw.

Game King
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 18:41
Mr Kohlenstoff~ For ur Doyle killing enemies problem..

You know how the missles follow Doyle? maybe to kill the enemies you have to get a missle to follow u and then u try to get the enemy get hit by the following missle.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 04:21:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 04:21:23