Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Hmm, Low Poly Human Model In 3 Hours...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 12:15
Hey Again!
Ok, I got bored this afternoon so I decided to fire up trueSpace again and mess around. The result was a near complete male model that weighs in at just 587 polygons (no its not a typo!!! ). Just head over to http://xenla.tripod.com and check the 3D ART section, the images are called Low Poly Guy Shot (1,2 and 3). Again I must apologise with about the pop-ups, its the bane of free web hosting.

Tell me what you think,
Sina.
PS: Ok Ok I know I'm no Simple or actarus when it comes to modelling, but we all have to start somewhere don't we?
"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 15:17 Edited at: 31st May 2003 16:02
Hey,not bad.

Proportions are okay,you just need to refine your technique for the face by using edgeloops.

I have a good .pdf on derived surfaces written by Bay Raitt for Izware Mirai but it's applyable(word?) to any software.

Tell me if you wanna read it,it's not that long and makes alot of sense.

Also,if you're using trueSpace,unless it's the latest,go get the 3.2 version form download.com,it's got more modeling tools and a better viewport shading.

Running away You're lost for words again Now you`ve got all what you wanted Are you really satisfied?
UberTuba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 17:09
"applyable"
applicable

Life is a terminal disease.
You never survive it.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 17:13
Thanks.

Running away You're lost for words again Now you`ve got all what you wanted Are you really satisfied?
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 04:48
Hey,
Kool, thanks for the reply. At the moment I think that the arms are just a bit too long, so I'll shorten those some time soon.

As for the pdf file you mentioned I've just found and read it, very interesting (I now know what edgeloops are x-d ). I'll have a go at mimicking muscle structure of a person more accurately this time around (I can just see the polygon count go through the roof).

Oh and I'm using trueSpace 5.1, the quality of the renderings and lighting setup are my fault x-d . I was too eager to get them online.

Thanks again,
Sina.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 05:14
Oh by the way, I'm probably going to put this model up on my site free for everyone to use once its done (it should have some textures and animations by then too). I wouldn't hold my breath on for this though, I've still got a few exams left before I have any real spare time to work on this. Could be useful for RPGamer's game. It's a single mesh file too so it'll be good for DBPRO.

Anyway Cheers,
Sina.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 15:26:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 15:26:13