Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Sneak Preview

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 15:19
My copy of DB pro arrived recently so I'm upping my polygon count and doing some tests. This lass I modelled to test shaders and fps in Pro and she'll feature in a demo I'm making just to test out Pro/4.1's features.

Oh yeah. 1800 poly's without hair, with hair will depend on how well I do at implementing a shader to recreate what I've done here with alpha mapping.

As usual this is not the final model or texture, it's a WIP and proper uvmapping has yet to be done. Only the face and hair have maps, and they need to be redone

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 16:59
Nice hair I love redheads when you redo it you should throw more polygons on them though,probably just one row would make it.

Apart from that she looks good.

Running away You're lost for words again Now you`ve got all what you wanted Are you really satisfied?
UberTuba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 17:06
im sure rpgamer woukd love to have you for eternal destiny

Life is a terminal disease.
You never survive it.
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 17:53
Very nice work, her hands look bit strange, fingers should be turned inside not outside. Also arms looks too thin from view of the picture you posted.

Nice work with hairs too. What are those light lines on them? (on sides and front)
Is it screenshot from DBpro or you did it in modeling program?
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 17:54
actarus: Yeah But like I said that hair is just a standin, just mucking about with alpha maps, should really have spent more time on it but I'm thinking of using a completely different technique anyhow - though she's definitely gonna stay a redhead

Have you got the cg toolkit? There's a demo first one I think that shows the kind of thing I'm looking to do hairwise but with a similar hairstyle to this. I have some learning to do there...

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 18:48 Edited at: 30th May 2003 19:09
arras: Try this simple experiment, splay your fingers as far apart from each other as you can (as the model's are) and see what happens - If your fingers then turn inwards then I suggest you see a doctor

The light lines on them are really just me being stupid in photoshop, putting a sheen on the texture and then editing the hairstyle and not bothering to redo the texture yet. When she's finished the hair will be done using a vertex/pixel shader method instead.

The screenshot is from max3.1, but using the directx renderer, that way I can see (kind of) what it'll look like in pro without having to do all the exporting nonsense.

She hasn't got a skeleton yet, once she does I'll do a shot from within pro, but for now I have several other models to make, I'll finalize them one by one after getting them roughly into shape like this, that way they'll have a kind of unified look

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 01:50
Quote: "
im sure rpgamer woukd love to have you for eternal destiny
"

Ah I would love to have an artist of this ability, but I fear he is already working on his own project

Very nice model Great job on it all around. Cant wait to hear how it goes in pro.

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 08:26
This is for "Lester the Panty Raider"? Hoo boy, lets hope he doesn't go over board on the fan service. Wait, considering the amount of teenage males here, I bet most thinking quite the opposite.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 11:02
Hehehe, You should know that this isn't for Lester the panty theif, it's for something else for something I'm not telling about yet... Hence "Sneak Preview". But it'll be fun

Lester however is coming along nicely but I've decided to remodel some of the characters, because I think it's actually shaping up to be a really original game and worthy of more than the throwaway work I was doing on the models. Also I was waiting for pro to arrive before I went too far with the coding but the basic game structure and character interaction is there. So really it's just a matter of coming up with worlds for them to populate. There may be a team request for this (shudder) I'm not sure because I'm taking on quite a lot at the moment...

RPgamer: You're right I am working on quite a few things at the moment but 'Eternal Destiny' looks cool so far without me I'm looking forward to seeing more new screenies now that you've got the time to work on it

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 16:47
Quote: "
but 'Eternal Destiny' looks cool so far without me
"

Ya,,well coding wise its OK, but we really dont have any modellers/artists, so we cant do much

Keep up the good work!

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
arras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 21:07
Yeap afther some gymnastics and physical performances with my fingers I found out that you are right

But the hell...what's this..?!!! Now I can't turn my fingers inside anymore :-s
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 22:29
NICE MODEL!!!

I can't even do hair that good.

I end up making all my models bald or give them a hat or something.lol.(the female models do get a block of hair though)

I eagerly wait to see what the finished product will be like.

(Current)-Game entering concept art stages-
(progress)-Should have demo in 6 months latest-
(misc.)-Started modeling buildings and other objects-
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 23:44
lol@arras Jam them in a door, that ought to fix it Otherwise, I guess They'll just have to remove the offending fingers...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 14:33:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 14:33:00