Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Help! having uber scale problems with 3ds and dbasic!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am curently working on a game with one of my buddies, and have recently made my first ever 3ds max model. ( after weeks of trial and error!) I tried to load the 3ds model into darkbasic ( I dont know what version it is... it's not pro though)and the mosthorrible things happened... firstly, the parts of the model that aren't textured using a bitmap (but just using a colour made in 3ds max)didnt render at all. Secondly, the whole model is mirrored. Thirdly, and most irritatingly, the model looks crap. All the edges are really clear and defined... ( like the "facets and highlights view" in smax.)
So, you can probably tell from that post that I am a total beginner with modelling and darkbasic also... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Trevor
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 22:59
set max units to millimetres.

patch darkbasic to 1.13

reset transform and flip normals after mirroring an object

apply a uvw map

use smoothing groups

post a screenshot if problems persist

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 08:29
The edges are a common problem with first time use of DBP, though I can't remember for the life of me how to get rid of them, it may be a lighting thing.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Trevor
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks very much for your help, I'll try those things out.
Trevor x-d

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 16:45:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 16:45:33