Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Character Controller Help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2007 01:35
I'm a bit of a noob to dp, but I was looking into modifying my movement script so I could implement better collisions. Right now it looks like this:

So, as you can see, the camera is inside a cube that I want to be my collision model/character. It's first person, invisible to me.

I have never used this character controller before, so I was wondering if someone could help me in changing this so it works with the dp character controller.

I have a very simple terrain, which is a square room with pillars in the middle. What I want is for my character to be able to move backwards and forwards with W and S, and strafe left and right with A and D. The mouse will control the camera rotation later on.

So, thanks much in advance if you can help me!
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2007 16:11
Hallo Culmor30...I made something like you are looking for...

Of course that in differents level maps we´ll need to put helper(hidden objects) all around the room....I hope it can help to you...

If you need more help....just ask for it...

robertochafari@hotmail.com
cheers.

oh my god

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 20:55:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 20:55:24