Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / need help with my code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, i am using Mike Shah's side scroller tutorial, and i wanted to input a sprite (i havent learned much about sprites yet) to test out stuff, my code is listed below, and i cant figure out why the sprite is appearing in the top left corner of the screen, and i want to know if the image following the mouse is the sprite as well or just the image.

do you love video games a lot ¿¿¿ then comeon down too game zone252 @ http://www.freewebs.com/gamezone252/
Destrugter 1
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, ill fix those errors, but i didnt make the code myself =/ its almost the exact code that Mike Shah put in his tutorial, but i just replaced image hero with sprite hero, oh well ill fix the errors listed above asap, oh yeah, this is for a 2d side scroller, im wondering if this system would work in a 2d rpg, cause i love the tile editor =P it lets me know exactly where i want to put stuff, if it will not work for a 2d rpg then please tell me.

Thanks for help so far =)

do you love video games a lot ¿¿¿ then comeon down too game zone252 @ http://www.freewebs.com/gamezone252/
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2007 00:40
Quote: "ok, ill fix those errors, but i didnt make the code myself =/ its almost the exact code that Mike Shah put in his tutorial"

Some tutorial authors really don't know what they're talking about, and some aren't even tutorials!
You shouldn't take the methods or information as granted unless you know the author to be reputable, or others have left good comments.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was rubbish.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-27 02:39:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-27 02:39:40