Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / No BSP! What the heck.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 09:01
Hi, i'm trying to get my BSP to work in DBP. I made it in Hammer, and have the WAD file in the same directory. When i put in the commands to load my bsp file and press F5, all i get is a black screen. Now i know i put my sync command in my main loop so I know its not that. What could it be? Maybe my camera isn't in my BSP, but if so how can i tell what XYZ coordinates its at?
Compaq Presario 5127SR | D3D Accellerator
1.0ghz Pentium III | 380mb RAM | 1.5mbps Cable
Kensupen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 09:56
BSPs always get loaded at 0,0,0 as far as I know. Maybe you have to make sure you place the camera accordingly. Personally I won't use BSPs since I have no legit way of creating them and get more than 12FPS. What you are more than likely seeing is you are outside the BSP or it's too small.

-Kensupen

Nerdsoft Creations - Lead Programmer
System Specs: AMD XP 1700+, WinXP Home, 1GB PC133 ram and Radeon 9500 using DX9
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 16:47
its a good point... you should het GuyS's BSP Entity DLL from http://www.realgametools.com
position the camera where you have the character

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 16:55
heh so you do still visit RGT (I know it's not the forum adress but...)

Anyways I don't really care about you answering to that,knowing how some are just waiting to get a meatty topic to post a thread about you out there...

Running away You're lost for words again Now you`ve got all what you wanted Are you really satisfied?
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 18:50
Is it just me or is all of a sudden alot of people (mostly noobs) suddenly got something against Raven? If you guy don't want flamewars why do you keep egging him on?

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Zep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 20:10
Try putting one solid block inside your map. I was having the Invisable BSP problem too. I did a search on RGT and found that one guys map would not appear until he placed a block inside it. Strange but true.

I tried the same thing and my map appeared.

Worth a shot.

Zep--

Zep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 21:21
also, just a tip for hammer.

Where the 2 BLUE lines meet on the 2D Grid, that is 0,0,0. (x,y,z)

Start your map there and you'll have no trouble finding out where to start in DB PRO.

Zep--

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 22:59
actually i'm on the forums still act, i just don't bother posting much nor does anyone know who i am.
to be honest the whole place isn't worth much of my attention anyways, like a forum of vultures if you know what i mean.

That aside unfortunately its the most major place for all of DBP's TPF releases and such, so kinda have to bite the bullet and visit just to find out what people are upto.

didn't know about the cube thing, probably has something to do with the instance & d3dDevice ... as i get that too when i load something via a TPF DLL - you have to reset the device with a single dummy just to complete the creation.

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 13:37:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 13:37:14