Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark Physics] Particles a bit buggy?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Has anyone else had problems with DP particles? I've seen a few posts, but I thought this was before the last update. The way I understand it, it's the same as most particle systems, lots of 3d planes rotated to face the camera but with added collision thrown in, but when I move the camera in certain ways, the particles dont always face the right direction. Sometimes they dont even show up at all. Sometimes they go through walls or have wierd turbulent areas. Is it just me? I'll post some screenshots if need be.

pdq
Years of Service
User Offline
I also notice that the particle plains do not face the camera.

I have tried the "point object" command but that does not help.
Goldeneye Nemesis
Years of Service
User Offline
I think this is gonna have to go the bug reports way then, shame really. Maybe it'll be sorted if they ever release an upgrade. Its a decent enough product, just needs tweaking.

Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 17:51
I had the exact same problem.

Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 02:16 Edited at: 17th Aug 2007 02:17
I also had this problem right from the start (but in my case the user won't recognize it, cause the camera doesn't change into the "critical area", where the plains don't face to the camera anymore)! The funny part was, that the "smoke-demo" works correct (you can move your camera around and the plains always face the camera)! But I wanted to use my own definition for the particles and used the "phy create particle emitter" (or what it's called exactly) and then the particles started to only face to the camera at the cam-startposition, but when the camera was moved around the plains didn't change accordingly and so they started to look ugly!

I also hope that this will be fixed in the next update (if this will ever arrive)!

Hoozer

AMD64X24800+(939);2GB;GF6800LE (@12PS, 6VS; 380 MHz, RAM: 434 MHz)
DP-Sw-Mode-Comp-Entry (updated to V. 1.4):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=109846&b=5&p=0
Zerk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 04:00 Edited at: 17th Aug 2007 04:01
I had a similar problem when I was making zParticle. Using the camera angle commands in my plugin goes fubar when using the camera pitch commands in the game. I fixed it by not using these commands and going right into the D3DX device, grabbing the view matrix and using that.

If you guys are using camera pitch commands, then I'm willing to bet that DarkPhysics has this similar issue.

Get zParticle! An advanced particle system plugin for DBP!
Website and Download link!
dradius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 16:58 Edited at: 17th Aug 2007 16:59
I have to agree with hoozer on this one--i also noticed that the 3d planes oriented right in the smoke demo, and when i even duplicated it it didnt seem to.

ive also noticed the inconsistencies in the "Particle Interactions" example as well as "particle mill" (if my memory serves me right). in the first particles often went through the objects that i added, and in the second the emitter wouldnt respond to gravity regardless of aimed direction and velocities.

ive been wanting to get my hands on smartparticles (i havent gotten a chance and dont know much about it) to play with, BatVink's site is apparently missing the file.
Goldeneye Nemesis
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like we've all had the same kind of problem, they should get this bug confirmed and sorted for the next release. Fingers crossed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 02:44:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 02:44:31