Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark AI animation issues (code included) please help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 21:34
Hey, darkAI is working out great for me, and its very powerful but I'm having some issues.

Initially my game included only one model type (the enemies and allies both used the marine object). I now added a new class of enemy called ogres, and altered my animation function to account for the differing animation sets. THe thing is, my marines work fine, and the ogres are ok when they are patrolling, but as soon as the go into "aggressive mode" they stop animating, and only play the first frame of the specified loop object command.

here's the code:

the section in italics is the bit where the animation won't play. I've tested the ogre model in a simpler darkbasic app, and it loops all 500 frames fine, they're all there, which leads me to believe the problem is here (there are no other parts of the code that control their animation).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Peas
Butters

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 00:20
You're only playing 2 frames according to your code, are you sure it's just one playing?

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 01:02

sorry I wasn't very clear, thats only supposed to be 2 frames. These are the bits that still only loop 1 frame

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 01:13
I see that you're calling a shooting function after all those lines, does that function animate the object in any way?

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 02:27
nope it just does this:

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 02:35
I think it may be something to do with that function, it's the most likely cause except it did work for the marine. I'm still looking into it.

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 02:18
Try commenting out the shooting function and see if that makes a difference. I have doubts but you may as well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 01:12:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 01:12:59