Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / phy load rigid body dynamic mesh

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 03:37
Can someone please explain why when I use the "phy load rigid body dynamic mesh" command it makes my model completely vanish. But when I use "phy load rigid body static mesh" the model is displayed, and objects will bounce off it with no problems.

When I made the physics model I used the "phy make rigid body dynamic mesh" not that "phy make rigid body static mesh".

Any help would be appreshiated. I can't see a logical reason for this not working.

I've added the code I'm using here, and the model files I'm using as a download.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 03:42
Probably because it's falling too fast from it's incredibly high mass for you to see it?

Kenjar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 14:29 Edited at: 19th Aug 2007 14:32
I set gravity to 0

phy set gravity 0, 0, 0
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 15:03
Dynamic meshes are, to say the least, a bit temperamental and that is an understatement.

The problem lies in the creation of the rigid body, not the loading. Don't tell me why, but it just doesn't like certain models. Furthermore, if you try to setup such model, the results are unpredictable.

Examples:
A primitive cube will work correctly
A primitive sphere will result in a sphere not affected by forces (gravity etc) i.e. like a static.

In your case, the object is created and sent to an undefined position. (object position x,y,z return a very unhelpful -1.#IND )

The only thing I can suggest is trying to edit the model a bit e.g. remove any holes, but I guarantee nothing

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
Kenjar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 18:24
Ah thanks. That makes sense. I understand that there's an Ageia physics mesh expoter for Maya, I'll try and track down the SDK, perhaps I can create a lower poly alternative.
culmor30
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 07:06
Quote: "
A primitive sphere will result in a sphere not affected by forces (gravity etc) i.e. like a static.
"

Mmm... works fine for me...?
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 16:07
Strange, here the sphere just stays there without moving, like a static.

Maybe is due to me using version 1.02 beta?

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 17:13:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 17:13:11