Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DP and ConvSEO problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 10:11 Edited at: 21st Aug 2007 11:08
When I try to go through and set everything in the ConvSEO model to a rigid body I get the error "Object Number Illegal at Line 58". I will note which one is line 58 within the code expandy viewy thingy. It's right at the bottom.

(edit)
No clue why, but it seems to have stopped giving the error and started working...

Nothing I say is intended to be rude. My autism means that I do not know what is rude and what isn't rude. I apologize if I seem rude. It is not my intention.
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 16:17
It should not work since the first value given to ObjNum in your for loop is zero. Thus, when you try to create a rigid body it will give you an error, since you cannot use zero as an object number. You should start with 1, and also check if the object exist prior setting it up as a rigid body.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
Lucy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 11:55
Quote: "also check if the object exist prior setting it up as a rigid body"

Good idea. I was just cobbling it together from multiple demos to see if I was disecting the code properly. And yeah, I changed it to start at 1, maybe that's what fixed it.

Nothing I say is intended to be rude. My autism means that I do not know what is rude and what isn't rude. I apologize if I seem rude. It is not my intention.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 04:00:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 04:00:20