Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Arbitrary location of gravitational attraction?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 13:26
I've tried looking in the list of commands but can't find anything that strikes me as how to do it.

Is it possible to define an arbitrary location for gravity? I can see how to define what direction gravity goes in, that assumes that gravity is parallel, much like a 'world light' where the light comes from infinity.

I'm not sure if this is even possible. The PhysX api can do it though, as is evidenced by one of the scenes on the latest PhysX drivers' liquid demo. They have a planet where all the water is attracted to the surface of an invisible planet. It even shows the effect of the centripetal forces from the planet spinning.

Nothing I say is intended to be rude. My autism means that I do not know what is rude and what isn't rude. I apologize if I seem rude. It is not my intention.
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Actualy in the update thread, forces has been discussed as being part of the next upgrade...I believe these gravitational fields are a representaion of that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 21:21:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 21:21:16