Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Dark BASIC Network Programmers Studio (ONLINE)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 04:41
Wait.. I'm confused...

This is a program to write and organize DB/VB/C++ code? And chat? You made an entire operating system? And you did this all in the time from the beginning of June? And you programmed this in DB? Whoa... (forgive me if I am clueless).

Anyway, looks awsome.

Also does the interpreter work through DB compiler or did you rewrite that too?

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Click Here!!!
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 18:32
yes your confused j/k

no its an adapted OS i made thats now just a program it runs apps and tools that allow you to use a visual environment to create every aspect of your application it uses some librarys i made called Orange Script Hence the Orange Version(Orange cause i associate things with color in my mind and DBPro gives me an Orange and DB give me a yellow) they allow you to create window-like environment like the APIs but simulated then you can organize your functions and labes and call them via tree chart organizer and tell it how to react to certain situations and how to create levels and handle the environment detecting of buttons, controls, collision, etc.

using this you can write apps that run in VPSOrange or make them apps outside of VPSOrange either way you get tons of new commands added for DBPro almost like another language. since both VPSOrange and the regular apps you make for windows both use orange script you can actually write in Orange script apps for VPSOrange and Windows.

plus by selecting the genre and the type and such you can start out with a game engine that is dowloaded or comes with the actual VPSOrange, plus it auto maticaly handel the engine so you dont have to mess with it but you can still modify it easily.

it also comes with control generators models 2d art creator and music maker plaus since its chat and forums plus webpages for your games you can create you can download apps other have made in Orange Script adding unlimited functionallity.

it was made to be a fuly DBPro environment that would allow the user to create a game while seeing what it would look like in a wysiwyg environment.

the environment is actually very stable so it hardly ever crashes plus you can edit soure and everything the normal IDE does but it has more tools built in and auto updates

the windowing systems are easy to create meaning you could have XP styled windows in 98 environment the bars also auto scale virtualy perfectly so less problems with windows support

the interpreter is a slower version of thje run command from the old DB i recomend not using it until its fully done as it may damage your code.

Orange is for DBPro but i will release them for those other languages

sorry about the spelling im at work and am typing fast i reckon if you copy it into word and runa spell check it will be read able

In our hearts and minds we keep the powers of love, hope and the hidden powers of evil in which we can mold a hero or daemon of ourselves-Book of Enoch Chapter III
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 19:37
Whoa...

Ok I get it now. Can't wait!

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Click Here!!!
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 19:44
do you get it, do you
cause i think it gonna big the biggest thing ever, ok maybe not

In our hearts and minds we keep the powers of love, hope and the hidden powers of evil in which we can mold a hero or daemon of ourselves-Book of Enoch Chapter III
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 19:47
realease it now!!!

---Mattman
"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done." Andy Rooney
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 19:48
its not done!!!

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 19:55
2 bad, release a beta!!!

---Mattman
"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done." Andy Rooney
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 19:58
2 bad, im not gonna!!!

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 20:00
2 bad, yes u will!

oh, btw, your website, eppic crossings software, is down!!!

---Mattman
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 20:16
i will eventually,
my site is non-existant it never worked ever just 1 page i have a friend making a new site shortly

malcom2073
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, well stop with the lies. Release it when you release it, otherwise stop bragging about how you are going to "release it soon". I'm starting to think this is all a huge fake.

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2003 16:03
its not i work on it daily, i need to get my server first so i can host some of the .net stuff.

but its no fake.

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2003 16:28
Update:
customizable Mod-game engine template and wizard available now

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2003 17:35
demo...beta..somethin...

---Mattman
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2003 18:57
lol...wait...so...close...to...being...finished...more...caffine

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 00:22 Edited at: 27th Jun 2003 00:22
hurry..up..b4...i...kill...some1...now...need...Dark...BASIC...Network...Programmers...Studio.... (ONLINE)...or...what...ever..u...call...it...

---Mattman
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 00:25
i call it Gods Own DBPro Program *sigh*

but its official name is Visual Programmers Studio Orange

you will have it soon...er...or...late...er

*whack*
*whack*
*whack*
*whack*

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 06:59
fine, i'll stop buggin u and let u get 2 work

---Mattman
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 07:14

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Terabyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 20:50
sounds like a nice idea
what did rich say

Reset
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2003 22:23
Is it done yet?

At first glance, I'm a mediocre mech pilot. Look again and you will see my battlemech's computer code rushing through my eyes. My Mech And I Are One!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 04:38
Maybe I should just lock this thread up so you can get some work done without all this Then they would REALLY be tortured But wait,,what is this I feel coming on? I WANT IT TOO! Hey great work man - release it when your ready - Im sure everyone will love it

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 20:32
Are you here eddie?

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 21:14
No, because he's too busy working on this project.(or we shall pray)

Eddie, hopefully you can finish because mattman is starting a similiar project like this.(lol)

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 05:50
Dont lock up the thread, please, the more we post, the more we encourage Eddie to make it more and more better.

At first glance, I'm a mediocre mech pilot. Look again and you will see my battlemech's computer code rushing through my eyes. My Mech And I Are One!
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 16:43
i don't think i can work on this anymore, i believe RobK did the whole GUI thing and took my name for it, "Blue", Danmnit that thief J/K maybe he will let me use his .DLLs to finish it, so i can post it, though i doubt it, my version of the GUI plugins are slow and annoying. But the rest of it is all just a visual creator/organizer. I dont think that you wan't it to much now that 2 other people have started to take its idea, its not great really...gotcha of course i will make it may suck, TBD really but you can always insert his plugins to my language, but at least ORANGE contains royaly free plugins and im still gonna make BLUE later, wanna sue, i have lawyer bite me,J/K

Troan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 23:46
FINISH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .........calm calm calm

"Life isnt everthing, its the only thing."
"If a mime get hits by a car, does he scream?"
---------------------------------------------Troan
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 00:06
ya, use your STOLEN ideas!!!

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 02:29
Yes, take back what is rightfully yours!!!

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2003 00:17 Edited at: 13th Jul 2003 00:25
Forget this Im just gonna make one for my team The only feature I really want it the ability for more than one person to work on a document!

No offense,,but Im starting to side with Malcom. About 10 times its been said it will be released next week....Proove me wrong

RPGamer

Troan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2003 20:13

done yet?

-Troan-

"Love and Peace"-Vash the Stampede
cusoi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2003 18:59

B-e-a-utiful... Visit my site: www.cuso.tk
cusoi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2003 19:08
Let me guess... He's just including some more features...

B-e-a-utiful... Visit my site: www.cuso.tk
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2003 20:34
but of course...lol...i lost my free ftp server that i needed...and well i have alot more to do for the libraries of new commands...

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2003 20:38
Here's a suggestion Eddie:

1. Upload first
2. Market later

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2003 20:41
heres an idea...hold on im thinking...um...ok!!!

finish it now...and market it...uh wait i already marketed it...oops...oh well...um i converted it to a normal app like any other IDE so the regular orange script runs under an interpreter and it was working in the fullscreen mode...but its really weird cause it wont leave the perimeter of the app...

TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2003 21:03
Hey, I'm making a program just like yours! I thought I was coming up with a brand-new idea till I saw your post! What do you say we make the two compatible (Chat with each other)?

I need an animator!!! HELP ME!!
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2003 21:10
sure...

and btw RobK i wouldnt push this if i was you it has a free windows GUI plugin...i was working on it before you announced yours...uh...sorry...but yours is probably better...and mine doesnt use flash...cause i thought yours could...

3dZmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2003 22:05
Damn... I got to get this one. Hope you get it finished soon!

Current project: Dodge Viper Car Game (Not named yet) Other car models are going to be included soon
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2003 00:34
me to...but alas...i dont know when it will be done the libraries of functions are taking a long time.

Troan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2003 00:36
done yet?

HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
lol this thread is hilarious.

i'm not gonna get my hopes up, i'll believe it when i see it.

so lemme see it!

or else...

cuz if you don't....*shakes fist threateningly*

SW Games - www.freewebs.com/swgames

Yeah, I know, I only have one game. Yeah, I know it sucks. But I made it! Me!
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2003 08:14
Lol, yea these kinds of things take time.

*Also shakes fist towards Eddie and says, "you better make time"*

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2003 18:04
Alot of things take time, like me

*runs off to steal father time and put him gagged and tied in a closet in zimbabwe.*

dont look at me, I didnt do anything!

Troan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2003 20:59
done yet?

---Troan---

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2003 23:26 Edited at: 28th Jul 2003 23:33
i have givin up(for the moment) on the free version of the WINAPI access...but i will include more commands of other types...yes RobK, you win it will have a VB-like GUI for creating windows and menus and it will support your plugin completly...you know...like you can use standard DBPro commands(image, sprites,etc) for creating menus visually or you can use(if you have purchased it) RobK's Plugin so it will be like a VB-like program...

PS this means soon...like very soon...no joke...now i gotta find a free ftp site again...damn...anyone wanna e-mail me wit the hosts site for one?

Pazza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2003 23:49
if you wanna find yourself a free host check out:
www.freewebspace.net

you can search for your free host.

now get goin!

"Bite my shiny metal ass!" - Bender
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2003 01:41
Is it FTP...it has to be FTP...and only FTP...wow...i can get on the forums at home...wow...its about time...

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2003 04:57
angelfire can be accessed by FTP

Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2003 16:29 Edited at: 29th Jul 2003 16:40
...cool...FTP...horray

And well i gotta do documentation on how the Script structure works...cause although it works like DBPro it uses special code file extentions like .ecc for engine control code...these file can be viewed by different "viewers" in the program, like the control files that tell what keys do what can be viewed like a set of subroutines/functions that are called when a key is pressed...and the .scc sceen control code files can be viewed visualy...

and the beta i am soon to release has no template built in you need to get to an active internet connection and "populate Your libraries" with the newest version of the template...yes it has a wizard for creating your own types of these files so you can share them(IE a scene from your game, or an engine to be downloaded) any of these that are good engines will be able to be marked as "quality" and put under a "special" section of the "best" "downloadable" "engines"...lol

need to write documents...need...to...structure...it way...more...then...c..+...+...ok maybe thats a bit much...but it is a very structured script language...

And lots of appz...many...and very great...good for quick creation...worship me as DB GOD...ok wait until i release it then you can "Worship Me as DB GOD"...muhahahahahaha

PS the beta is stripped down and has almost no editors...just code organizer...thats why its VERSION .0000000000000000000000000001...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 01:51:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 01:51:56