Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

NVIDIA Competition 2008 / Tower of Illusion - removed from TGC server

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 02:23 Edited at: 7th Sep 2007 15:06
The new version won't have any renamed files such as ".itp" which is originally named ".png", so there you'll see all textures and fx and may prove that the nude textures will not be there anymore...
Besides, the easteregg files are compiled in the "EventsOMG" folder...

I might replace the f12 with something though, but i'll email you first to confirm if it will be ok... (But not now, i'll have to work on it)

EDIT:
Please see my opinion here... (7th Sep 2007 15:03)

Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 21:06 Edited at: 10th Sep 2007 21:07
I think is unfair Mike
go without prize.
He deserves it because of his hard work and because he has done one of the best games in DBP. His models and game quality are excellent.

For me, the mistake of publishing, 18+ game was more their fault than Mike's because they were in the duty to check the games to the end, and this includes the user thread. If they have founded something like this, they should ask the developer to remove it (anyone can make a mistake), and not to say 6 months later after the end of competiton: sorry, no prize for you.

In the other hand you should preserve the best developers like mike in the comunity.Is because of work of people like him did, that many are working now with TGC products. They give good credit and propaganda of our community and of DBP. In other hand competitions should be more organized. After 4 mounts of work or more, the first thing you want to see is your prize, not to mention txt files. That makes peolple to lose interest.
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 21:21
I don't know why, but I find it quite funny...

But I guess rules are rules. Though I really think Mike's entry was worth a number 1 too

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
I think that this should not or shall not of been removed as he has shown the users of TGC what DBPro can do, and as he is not getting a prize is utter rubbish, he worked long and hard to make this at least give him a prize! He coded every little bit and you are not taking credit.

Kenjar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 22:15
Who said he wasn't. Any issue like this is more likely down to nVidia not releasing them then anything else.
Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 22:48
@ kenjar: Did you read the thread?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 07:08:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 07:08:55