Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / tell me what's wrong

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there, a while ago I built a leopard tank in milkshape, I exported it as a directx file and tried to load it in dbpro, but with no luck.

http://www.geocities.com/jurgen182/leopard.zip

here is the link to the zip file, with all things in it, please do NOT use it for your own good, as I worked days to get it finished... Please come back and help me
"Only when all the seas are poisened, only when all the trees have been cut only when all the animals are killed, people will understand that money can't be eaten..."
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2003 14:34
Its important the less cluey of us to make a webpage with a link as places like yours dont allow hotlinking across forum pages.

luckily if you visit your site without leopard.zip then after the page with errors has loaded to ammend the url then it will download.

anyway looking at your ms3d file called koepel_leopard2a5 and all the others it appears that no textures have been applied at all to the model in any way and its comprised of seperate model files i guess u join at a later time in a final 3d build or with code.

If u made a temp texture and selected the whole models faces then applied that texture for now it would be visible in DBP.

If im not mistaken u can set the emissive properties to a valid colour ( black is a tone ) and you will see the model polys but with no texture.

The art of perfecting the faces to represent your texture map is referred to as UV mapping/wrapping or skinning.

A black art in itself if you ask me

Jurgen
Years of Service
User Offline
so if I get it right you are telling me to put just A texture on it so dbp can see it?

"Only when all the seas are poisened, only when all the trees have been cut only when all the animals are killed, people will understand that money can't be eaten..."
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Jurgen
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sorry for the guys with a 56k modem, but here's my leopard:

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2003 19:45
Geosities won't let you hotlink pics, type the address in next time.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 15:18:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 15:18:19