Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / quick question about transparency

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 21:22
I've been working on this game, and I have some sprites that need transparent backgrounds. Gimp claims that bitmaps can't handle transparency, and Load Image() doesn't take anything but files with bmp tags. Can I manage transparency in darkbasic, load another image format? thanks for the help.
Miles Prower
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 22:58
Thanks for the help.

Load image() does support more filetypes than bmp, I must have made a typo or something.
Miles Prower
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 01:35
whether I paste images or just paint a box in the background, the transparent parts of the sprites i paste over them are just drawn as black... I know I set the colorkey right becuase the background of two of the sprites are white, and the other sprite is a png with a transparent background. Every time i set INK(), i set the background color to black, maybe thats got something to do with it?
Miles Prower
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2007 21:12
Sweet deal. Thanks for the posts, man. 10 pts for Germany.

Paste image 1,x,y,1 works hand in hand with set image colorkey.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 06:02:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 06:02:29