Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / importing models in milkshape

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 09:41
i turned a .x model into a raw file since milkshape doesnt import .x models.and imported it in milkshape its a model from the darkmatter cd but the textures dont show up in the materials and even if i place the bitmap in the file if i delect texture the bitmap with all the textures is mapped onto the entire model as a whole like the head texture or arm texture isnt placed where it should its just one big mess?im not understanding whats going on there?
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 12:09
On the Darkmatter CD there are two versions of all the models ( .X and .3ds )

Just inport the .3ds versions if you want to play around with them.

And if the texture doesn't show up ... make sure you use the .bmp textures ( NOT the .dds textures ) as they are for the .X models

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

koolaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 11:47
well it doesnt import 3ds it says 3ds studio asc??
Kensupen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 11:58
There is an Autodesk .3DS importer. Look for it.

-Kensupen

Nerdsoft Creations - Lead Programmer
System Specs: AMD XP 1700+, WinXP Home, 1GB PC133 ram and Radeon 9500 using DX9
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 12:55
it is confusing, but 3DS actually stands for 3D Shape - which is actually an AutoCAD format rather than 3D Studio Max format.

if the textures don't show in milkshape i'd check a few things, firstly - rightclick in the 3D view and make sure your actaully using Textured Shading.
If you are then check that the textures were actually loaded (sometime they won't be) ... and if there are not textures then you will have to load and assign them manually.

i know its a pain but that just the way it is sometimes

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
koolaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 07:54
how can i assign them manually if there all on one bitmap can i extract each texture off

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-28 02:10:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-28 02:10:32