Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Third Person: Test Renders

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 11:40 Edited at: 9th Jun 2003 11:41
I've started the very first level designs of my game Third Person... yup. Its a post apocolyptic game and I NEED PEOPLE TO HELP ME. GAH.

Anyway... here are the renders. Note that they're from 3dsmax and NOT from DarkBASIC.

Please leave feedback. Did I meantion that these are very early renders?

Thanks.

-cade
freelance game composer, 2d artist and wannabe 3d animator
http://www.readerror404.net/
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 12:24
I think the captured essence of what u have so far does it real justice with the buildings, they are realistic enough to convey a fall out like city.

The street lamp seems a little primitive compared to the detail of the buildings. perhaps altering the size of the cylindrical curved area leading to the actual light would improve its look compared to the style of the buildings.

The streelight might be different in your country but they are a lot taller and are never found so close to a built up area unless used as a corner or junction series of lamps.

nice work so far the details on the building textures are well done.

Cade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 12:53
Thanks man, I'm not quite sure what you mean about the lights though... you mean, the actual light-shade thing? Or the lightpole in general?

Hmm.

Anyway, the textures are old textures from a half life map I had... they're freeware textures, according to the readme file. I touched them up, made them more ... "evil" and yeah.

Thanks again for your comments.

-cade
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 17:20
awesome creepy stuff (buildings) dude

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 17:49 Edited at: 9th Jun 2003 17:51
Well you could start by adding much more buildings if it's indeed a city,right now it's way TOO apocalyptic with 2 buildings remaining. j/k

Like Indi said,the street lamp could use a diet or if you are to keep the original size,try adding some creases patterns on them(Y'know,like those older street lamps downtown many cities).

The brick wall is a bit boring,try adding a decal with some grafitti on them,that always add to the atmosphere and make the brick patterns smaller....Also maybe a few rusting barrels lying against it along with a few garbage bags would be nice.

Now this is how I would see it and this is not an attack on your screens...In fact,that's a pretty nice scene setting for a start.

Keep it up.

Running away You're lost for words again Now you`ve got all what you wanted Are you really satisfied?
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 19:47
Nice job.

I think (I don't know if this was what indi was saying) that you should just make the street lights, big tall slim ones.
(I also think indi meant more detail too, but it looks fine for me.)

The buildings are amazing! but like actarus said, some grafitti would definitly help capture the atmostphere.

I hope to see much much more from your project!

(Current)-Conquest of the Continent Announced!!-
(progress)-concept/story/goals finished-
(misc.)-Learning milkshape- (as current as)6-7-03
Cade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 01:12
Thanks guys,

Anyone else ?

-cade
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 03:01
i coulda sworn i posted here... probably crashed knowing my luck lol

i'd recommend perhaps adding some minor 3D elements to the buildings, like having low poly pipes running up the side and the windows grates as a few plains - just to add a bit of depth
and should probably get ahold of a picture of a street lamp, either by looking out of the window or no doubt there is some nerd site where they talk about streetlamps (you know there is bound to be one lol) ... could get some piccies on them.

also try to think of materials you can recreate with the simple effects that DBP has to offer, so like reflection maps would be something to look into for the lightbulbs and such

try to sketch an overview of the world you want to create, don't worry about anything cept major detail - just so you have a solid version of what you see in your head, you never know when you might be distracted and suddenly loose what some of the vision looked like.
Bad songs on the Radio tend to do it for me, end up with something stupid like the Cheeky Girls in my head and curse them cause i can't remember what detail i was gonna do on some guys arm or something lol

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 13:33:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 13:33:09