Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / What is a good place to get .X animations!?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 22:57
Hello, I am looking for animations for like my magic, and stuff like that, does anybody know of a good place to get animations?
Evad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 23:07
WHERE is a good place...sorry

Misanthrope
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 23:29 Edited at: 9th Jun 2003 23:32
That's kinda tricky to do...usually animations are done for either a single model OR an entire set of models with similar attributes. There aren't really any plug-and-play animations for the formats that DarkBasic reads. You can record, save, and play object animations in DBC, at least...but there's a catch.

Animations used with the append command in DBC, as far as I know, expect the model to retain the same hierarchy and group names as the original model used to record the animation...so you can't really just append any animation to any model.

Unless you're talking about stuff like mocap files like BioVision's BVH animations, then the picture is a little brighter. If your 3D modeler supports BVH and your model is of a similar enough articulation, you generally can tweak and fiddle around to get it looking right. Then you'd export to a format that DarkBasic supports.

For boned X models using softskin animation, you'd need DB Pro or some creative memblock coding in DBC 1.13E.

In a nutshell, the only place to get premade animations are motion capture files. Run a search for those, and if necessary, invest in a 3D modeling package that supports importing those animation formats.

If any of that was already obvious to you, then I apologize. Otherwise, I hope it helped some.

-Misanthrope
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 00:08
There's a program called character FX (I think thats the name). It's $15 but I think there probably a trial version. Sorry I don't know their website or even if it will serve your purpose; its just something i read about on the forums.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 00:15 Edited at: 10th Jun 2003 00:15
If you want CharacterFX,there's a free version bundled with DBP when you order it from realgametools.com

Running away You're lost for words again Now you`ve got all what you wanted Are you really satisfied?
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 01:49
character fx is produced by insane software

http://www.insanesoftware.de/

(Current)-Conquest of the Continent Announced!!-
(progress)-concept/story/goals finished-
(misc.)learning m-shape&ts5 (as current as)6-9-03
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 14:59
lol you make it sound as if it wasn't a one man product

Running away You're lost for words again Now you`ve got all what you wanted Are you really satisfied?
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 17:38
lol

(Current)-Conquest of the Continent Announced!!-
(progress)-concept/story/goals finished-
(misc.)learning m-shape&ts5 (as current as)6-9-03

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 12:35:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 12:35:14