Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Help with making Counterstrike weapon skin with Milkshape...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,
I am making a weapon skin for CS and I need some help. What I did was take an existing skin I had, and I'm modifying it to make it into the same gun, but with a longer barrel and I'm going to change the weapon that it is set for (it was originally made for the USP, but I want to modify it with a longer barrel and then assign it to the Mac 10).

So basically I added what I needed and made the basic skin how I like it, with the textures on it, too. I am done with the skin of the gun itself (no skeleton yet). Then I imported the skeleton of the original skin that I got the model from into my new skin.

This is where the problems come in. First: I have no idea whatsoever where to assign each joint to the actual skin. Whenever I try to assign a joint connecting bones of the structure based on where it is touching, it distorts the entire model in animations.

Second: Since it was made for a USP, the original skin came with animations and the skin had a silencer. I just deleted the silencer group and put on my longer barrel, which left some joints on the skeleton pointing out to no where when I imported it. So that kinda threw me off too, because now I don't know where to assign the joints that went with the silencer.

I'm thinking maybe I am supposed to be using the SMD files and animations and skeleton from another Mac 10 model rather than the original skin I downloaded, but I'm not sure, because the skin itself is a pistol skin, so its much smaller than a Mac 10 skeleton. So now I have my skin with no skeleton, and I don't know what to do next.

If anyone could help that would be great.

You can contact me by MSN Messenger (njroo_ke@hotmail.com) or AIM (njrooke).

Thanks,
Andy
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 03:02
Ok, I don't know if anyone told you, but this a Dark BASIC forum. If you got a question about Milkshape that isn't related to DB try the Milkshape forum, here I'll even give you a link.

http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/forum/

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
nEEja rOoKe
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh woops, sorry, didn't know (new to the board)

Thanks,
Andy

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 03:20
Welcome to the forums!

(Current)-Conquest of the Continent Announced!!-
(progress)-concept/story/goals finished-
(misc.)learning m-shape&ts5 (as current as)6-9-03

Login to post a reply