Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / My first model in a while... (and its FREE to you sir!)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 17:29
ok its been a while since i've made a model, and even longer since i've posted here, the whole model has taken me... a very long time, longer than any before i think, although i don't know how long in actual hours, i think its somewhere close to a very very long time

Check the bottom of the post for the download.

this has taken me absolutely A...G...E...S to do, but I'd like to take to this chance to pay homage to the Dodge and Burn tools, without them, this whole thing would be a whole lot more crappy! ;D

anyway, on with the show;

erm.. some detail for you

a bit... erm... more

Her Face (look freckles!) (and blue hair...)

Some shoes to die for!

just a front shot without perspective effect

And finally, the texture;

http://www.realgametools.net/forums/attachments/sukiSDK.zip

so, whaddya think?

Manic
I don't have a sig, live with it.
Redostrike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 17:32
Wow good model. Nice B00PS. LOL.

Only heroes live forever.
[url=www.redostrike.tk][/url]
The StartStrike project is going good.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 17:39
-but I'd like to take to this chance to pay homage to the Dodge and Burn tools, without them, this whole thing would be a whole lot more crappy! ;D

LMAO!

'I'd like to thank coffee,my hand,my mouse and my 3D accelerator for making all this possible.'

Modeling Tip of the Week:Keep away from the infamous frog dissection pose!
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 18:42
actarus ..... so what have you been doing with your hand ? ??

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 18:51
Same thing as you unless you model with your feet...Do you?

Ya never know.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 22:26
Dodge and Burn...I guess they are for the shading, but I'm interested to know exactly what you did with them.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 23:22
Nice Oriental babe, Manic!
I luv em Japs (or is it Chinese?) chicks who dress to kill!

My comments:

1. I think the ears are way tooooo behind, because somehow the hairline went straight to the back.

2. If this is an oriental chick model, i think the eyes should be smaller and pointy, with obvious pointy eyelashes to resemble em Asians chick.

3. The bums should be as the same size as the boobs. Not exactly same size, in another way to say, the should be more meat at the bums to show its as bouncy as the boobs.

4. Just do some small touch ups on the face (the head itself, the nose & the lips) nito somewhat smaller (not so small!) to get the 'feel' of the oriental babe! Trust me .. i know

(no, i do not get the ideas from hentais or asian adult sites! lol!)

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2003 01:39
lol, actarus and simple,

solidz snake:Thats the most indepth analysis of asian women in relation to a model i have ever seen... whoa... the ears are in the normal place, its just the screeny angle, download the model and take a look for yourself

StevieVee:The dodge and burn tools were used to make the shading, and primarily the folds on the clothes, heres a simpliefied method.
1)Think, take a look at where the folds and highlight would be on your clothes, if you not wearing leather (like in this case) try and find a picture of someone who is. Key points where you'll find folds are around the crotch, just under that backside, inside of knees and elbows, anywhere where the body folds a lot really
2) with the dodge tool, draw on some highlights, try to make them flow (see the leg of the boot on the texture) into each other, this will make it more realistic.
3) Pad out the highlights using the dodge tool
4) inbetween the highlights, use the burn tool to create shadows, also, shadows may occur directly next to the highlights when the fold is sharper.
5) build up a 3D effect using these two tools until you're happy

Hope that helps a bit

PS: i didn't really highlight it very well, the download is just underneath the final image of the texture

Manic

Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2003 01:42
oh i forgot, suki's (so, japanese then) head is actually modelled from angelina jolie's head, so it wasn't going to look very oriental without a lot of tweaking anyway (i did try, but gave up in the end)

Manic

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2003 04:45
dodge n burn is in photoshop but Im sure similar features are in other applications.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2003 15:17
The retouch tool in PSP is the same.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 09:48:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 09:48:05