Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Darkbasic - how to set it up for a Code DEMO

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 19:13 Edited at: 11th Jun 2003 19:31
I have worked a lot with 3d-modelling and is the happy owner of 3ds max 4 & 5. I just found out how to export my max files to *.x
(thanks for the help actarus). I have made a file in max and exported it, "cube.x", containing a blue box. I want to make a little executable demo in DB which shows the cube for 5 seconds and then ends.

Please help me

http://alfabet.topcities.com/43453.jpg <- Me!
Jake_15
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 19:46
Anyone?! Please Help me

http://alfabet.topcities.com/43453.jpg <- Me!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 20:27
A) Learn patience, not everyone is on at the same time. If you expect instant results you'll get nowhere in programming.

B) Click the media tab to the right of the screen in DBP. Load your box, make sure it is in the Project folder. Then in the command window type Load Object "yourmodel.x", 1. You made need to move or scale the object to see it.

C) The Newbie Corner has this and other useful information, try it out to see if your question has already been asked and possible answered.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2003 20:57
you know the IDE for DB and DBP both have F1 help ... as well as paperback manual help - try in them before you try here, if you can't figure something as simple as this out on your own i'd recommend you think REALLY hard about if you really want to program!

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 12:54:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 12:54:28