Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Texturing / C4D / Are you there simple?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2003 12:16
Been look at the simples-designs website...some fantastic stuff on there!

Question for Simple and any other C4D users...is it possible to export models with textures from C4D in a way that I can use them in DB?

I was looking at the Killer Worm for example, looks like it's using the alien skin type shaders.

Taking it a step further...how do you acheive effects like the chest on the Minotaur? Is this related to the term "baking" the texture which I hear now and then?

Go on, give a would-be modeller a chance!!!
Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2003 13:04 Edited at: 12th Jun 2003 13:06
Hi

First, let me just say thet the .chm tutorials on my site were made by PSIONIC Designs ( NOT me ) .... I'm just hosting the downloadable versions.

If you have any questions relating to the tutorials, then please click on the PSIONIC logo and visit PSI's website for contact details (you can also see the tut's online at his website )

In regards to exporting out of C4D for use in DB .... just export out as .3ds .... if you wanted to use the models in DBpro ... then you'll have to export out as .3ds and convert to .X

As for ALL of the models in mt gallery >> they were all made using Milkshape .... the textures are on these are just hand painted ( no texture baking or bump mapping ) on those ones.

So ... the killer worm has NO alien shaders used ( just hand painted ) .... same goes for the Minotaur, but I did use the EyeCandy 4000 fur plugin on some of him.

Although texture baking and bump maps are being used on my latest models ( not in my gallery yet ) The texture baking is just being used for my light source and shadowing ... bump maps for all the detailing.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2003 16:53
Thanks Simple.

I was hoping I could use the shaders in C4D and export the texture map, but I just can't figure it out.

Or have I misunderstood 3DS models? I am assuming you must have a model and a texture file. Is this the case? Up until now I've never needed to worry about it, as I've never had to take models from a modelling app and import them into a games environment.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2003 00:09
I thought you needed Bodypaint to manipulate a texture's UVWs in C4D?

Modeling Tip of the Week:Keep away from the infamous frog dissection pose!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2003 01:32
Yes, if you are painting. But you can start by creating the skin textures etc... with shaders. That's where my problem comes in...how do I export the basic skin of the model?

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 11:31:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 11:31:29