Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / New Model Made in Truespace

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 09:46
Hey Again,
Ok Here's another model on the fly. Took around 5 hours to make (on and off) in trueSpace 5. Still WIP and no texture (what's new eh? ).

To view the picks:
Goto http://xenla.tripod.com >> 3D ART >> Soldier Shot (1,2,3).

Hope you guys like them and sorry I had to rush this post so much, got a lot of school work to finalise get but I thought you may just want to see what I was upt to.

Cheers,
Sina.
"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 09:53
Oops damn forgot one thing, the polycount is currently at 1578, higher then most of my other models, but I don't think I wasted TOO many on this model. Anyway, look forward to any crit/comments you have.
Sina.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
darkCorridor
Years of Service
User Offline
Ooooh Very Purty!!!! Good Job! Keep it up!

[br]mikey
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 15:14
Thanks! Looking at it now I realise that the helmet needs a lot of work yet. But that's alright, I'll find the time somehow

Looking forward to some more comments ,
Sina.

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 15:58
I'm surprised that the polycount is > 1000, it is a nice, well designed model, but it looks like say 300 or so polys.

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_103.zip
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 19:04
That's better than anything I've made in truespace(5).

Keep practicing and try to get that polycount down to 1000,because once you texture it it will look 1500 if you can get it down to 1000.

Currently setting up website-so no more little updates here.
Progress-First page done,and learning how to use it.
misc.-working with the wonderful people of wizards duel.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 23:34
the polycount is only as high as it is because he's extruded alot of detail that would normally be in the texture...

kinda interesting model

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 23:44
Yep,much interesting to see a model that doesn't all rely on the texture

Modeling Tip of the Week:Keep away from the infamous frog dissection pose!
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2003 05:16
Heeehe, yeah normally I would rely on a texture for armour details but I thought I'd have some fun with this one. I will do all I can to keep the polycount down but considering what todays average machine runs its not all that bad.

Anyway thanks again,
Sina.

PS: I was going to put in some more armour on the shoulders but maybe I should hold back for now and cut down some of the polygons. What do you guys think?

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2003 06:11
I do think he need a little more shoulder armor, but unless you can keep it below 1600 or just a little above, you should just leave it at what it's at.

I'm no expert though, so it's really up to you.

Yellow's Modeling site
http://www23.brinkster.com/yellowmodels/default.htm
Check here to see my various 3d models
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2003 15:23
add some more detail to the mask helmet thing should look kinda like yellows av

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2003 16:28
Ok, once I get time to down the ploy count a tad I'll work on both the helmet and the shoulders. Yeah maybe he would look better with a helmet like guyver's (character name from an anime, which I assume is Yellow's av). Thanks for the idea.
Sina.

was15
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2003 17:55
Rob K, you are a bit of a poo, I would like to see you create a model at that level with 300 polys.
OneTouch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2003 19:24 Edited at: 15th Jun 2003 19:25
Yo Sina, whats your e-mail?
Please post here or please e-mail me to keep it private.
E-mail me Here --> admin@dtagames.com

Thank You,
William

need more information on game development,
visit http://www.dtagames.com
X is left-right, Y is up-down and Z is near-away
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2003 10:26
Hey OneTouch, I don't mind giving out my email on these forums, its xenla@hotmail.com

I'm very glad you seem to be interested in my model, but could I ask why you wish to contact me? I mean, I'd be glad to help people with any modelling if I could (and if I have the time) but there are some very skilled and talented people on these forums, who are probably much more able to help. Still I'll try and help in any way I can if you have anything in mind.

Cheers,
Sina.

Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 13:38
Ok I didn't really want to revive this semi-dead post or anything, but I thought some of you may be interested to know that I made a lower polygon verison of the model. That version is only around 800 polygon level, so there's a massive drop there. Of course, now the model just ain't as pretty as it used to be!
I'll try to get an image up on my site soon if anyone's interested, but if you can't wait (what's wrong with you?) then image the current model without the nice bevelings and extrusions on the torso.

Cheers,
Sina.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:57:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:57:01