Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / New 3D pictures for Vexen Studios' Wizard Duels - The Arena

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 19:40 Edited at: 14th Jun 2003 19:40
This is my first attempt at a human model with wings3d.I am very proud of my work, but I can obviously notice many problems.
I will accept C&C so I can improve upon it to make it look better.
I already know it's not near the best model, but I am also showing this model to show off wings3d a bit, as it doesn't get much credit.

Note:Here are some known problems.

waiste-Not a very smooth transition between the upper and lower body.
Arms-don't look attached.

Well, it weighs in at only 834 Poly's which isn't that bad, and with a head and the fixed problems from above it is expected to be around 1100-1200.

Currently I'm working to texture it.

Oops I guess I can't hotlink, but use the link below to view.

hope you enjoyed it!

You can check my new website out at, although there's not much.(lol)
http://www23.brinkster.com/yellowmodels/default.htm

Currently setting up website-so no more little updates here.
Progress-First page done,and learning how to use it.
misc.-working with the wonderful people of wizards duel.
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 20:44
Hey, thats a good model for first time (I think, I haven't really tried to make a model of a human yet). I also have started using wings and it is really good, keep it up!

This is my criticism:

- The legs are a bit thin, they are also a bit wobbly looking, you need to give them a more definate leg shape, and make the knees more definate. The thighs should stick out, not in.

- The upper arms are too bulky, they should go in just before the elbows, then out again (look at your own arms for reference).

- The shoulders are also too big.

Other than that I think that your model is really comming on, you should keep on with it, and save several versions of it so that if you go wrong then you can always come back to a previous stage rather than have to start all again (just a bit of advice from me).

cuRant PRogekt: a three-de map editer
Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2003 21:09
Thanks, for the reply

I am fixing some of the various problems you've spoken of.
later in the week I will upload the new image, so you can see some of the improvements.(maybe I'll get a texture on it )

Keep checking the site for updates on that model or on any other.

Yellow's Modeling site
Check here to see my various 3d models
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2003 01:20
I think it would be wise to vist a few antomy sites. Keeping everything in persective is important and and can be tough, 2D or 3D. Is this game being made in DB or DBP? The reason I ask is because it looks like you're not using mesh deformation. One last thing, insted of having the arms pointed forward, I would have them pointed out, it'll help later when texturing and animating.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2003 01:28
Thanks Arrow.

I did this in wings3d so there isn't any mesh deformation onfortunatley on this model.Everyone can obviously tell it is no where in proportion.

I believe the game is being done in DBP
(check the wizard duel team request, for I'm not 100% sure)

I have started another human model, and am doing my best to keep it in proportion(thanks for the VERY importatnent tip), and the arms have been built facing outward.

Yellow's Modeling site
Check here to see my various 3d models
Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2003 01:36
Hehe. Always SpreadEagle style. Keep us posted.

"Laugh to scorn the power of man..."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-28 14:25:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-28 14:25:15