Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / 2d motion blur tut

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 06:12
Hey, and welcome to a tutorial by flashing snall.
In this tut you will be shown how do achive some okay 2d motion blurring effects without using more sprites, its actually very simple.

first, you must know what the
set sprite sprite num,backsave,transparacy
command does. the set sprite command is used to decide weather or not a sprite has its previous destination recorded and its background rendered to the screen.

if you use the set sprite command to this, were n is the sprite number
set sprite n,0,1

your sprite will leave its trail behind it. so if you make a code like this, you get a box that leaves a white trail were ever it goes

Now we want something like this but, that doesnt leave an annoying trail

if we add a background sprite that pastes itself over the previous destination, but not over the new destination, we may be able to achive that. However, we want the background sprite to refresh at a controlled rate so we can control the intensity of the blurring. so if we add something like this to our code...
observe.....

make sure you add that BEFORE the player controls in the other code. so it looks like this

and woolah, motion blur..........

after messing with the settings, you can get some nice results, see new code and the screenie.

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/

Attachments

Login to view attachments
aluseus GOD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 14:07
nice

alus.portbb.com go there.
[quote]A book. I hate books. book is stupid. I know that I need codes but I dont know the codes.[/quote} -zenicanin14 the stupidest user in the world.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 17:22
thank you. did you find it helpful?

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/
aluseus GOD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 22:40
a little bit, though i don't really need this...

alus.portbb.com go there.
[quote]A book. I hate books. book is stupid. I know that I need codes but I dont know the codes.[/quote} -zenicanin14 the stupidest user in the world.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 22:49
okay, i need a motion blur, found a simple way to achieve it, and posted it here.
but it is kind of random....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 10:21:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 10:21:34