Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / can i have your help simple

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2003 22:34
hi i want to make a character for my game. i saw your elite forces guy and thought it was really good. Can you give me some tips on makeing my guy. he is going to be a special forces troop. i was thinking of useing your free human skin. if you want to see a rough copy of him hand drawn go to my web page and click on star team and go down.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2003 23:09
Now do you want to start from scratch ?? and model him yourself ?? or did you want to EDIT my Thig model + skin ??

Shouldn't be too hard to edit the free thug model into what you want .... in fact a friend of mine made him into a SWAT type dude ( complete with helmet and shield etc )

If you do EDIT the thug model, then you may have to re-group + UVmap some of it.

OR .. if you want to start from scretch just get yourself a decent ref pic ( I'll e-mail you one in a minute, which will give you a guide ) just edit it to suit.

I vertex edit my models .... but with a good ref pic ( and if you use this technique ) you can just box model him.

Even if you don't want to use the whole of my thug model .... you can still use the hands - head - boots etc .. just pieces of him, which will save you time.

Anyways... I'll e-mail you a ref pic shortly and if you want anymore help then just e-mail me.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2003 23:55
What exactly does vertex-modelling mean? :-s

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 00:01 Edited at: 18th Jun 2003 00:01
Basically you draw a reference picture of what you want to model in front - side - back view for example ... then you place individual verts in the areas you want your faces, and make your polygon faces by hand ( a bit like DOT to DOT )

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:57:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:57:59