Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Newton - FPS movement

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 16:30
I'm trying to make a good fps movement style using Newton DLL but I have some problems.

My player is a deformed sphere and I move it by changing the velocity (NDB_NewtonBodySetVelocity). So, I removed friction because the player could be stuck on the wall but now he cannot stay on an inclined plane.

I've got a second problem : I would like use a box instead of an ellipsoid shape for player collision but I don't how to make it climbing stairs... (I think I should give it an 'impulse' on Y axis but how I can know if the player want to climb a stair ?)

Any idea ?

PS: Sorry for my bad english
thebulk71
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 21:03
try using some simple geometrics and raycast around your player, slightly further out than his collision radius, from his mid height down to the ground. You should then be able to calculte how the geometry is around him and alter his height accordingly.

It's fairly simple really, though avoid raycasting for every 360 degrees... that would be wasting resources
Vincentv
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2007 18:37
Ok that's good for box collision. Does someone have an idea to fix my first problem ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 10:07:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 10:07:51