Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Rhino and DarkBasic .x files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 16:23
Hello, I have access to a 3D modeller: "Rhinoceros" and am wondering how one could convert it's file types (ie .3ms) to .x files for use in Dark Basic. Much Thanks!
"I need gopher-chucks!!"
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 16:29
Look at the export section in the file menu(there hast to be one) and use the .obj over .3ds.

I don't think there's a way to export mesh deform animations thorugh the .3ds format though.

Maybe Van-B can help you,I think he uses it.

Modeling Tip of the Week:The more details you put on a model,the more you will learn from it!
CrayZemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 16:37
Oops! Yes, the file extension is ".3ds". I appear stupid because I don't own it; a friend of mine does who designs stuff for hobby.

"I need gopher-chucks!!"
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 18:35
The model converter supplied with DB will do the job fairly easily, although your still gonna be stuck for limb hierarchy's etc. I use it with 3DS-Max and a few texturing programs.

Ohh, and a few pointers for making low poly models in Rhino:
o Use extruded polylines for everything you can - then convert from a nurb to a mesh with the simple control slider down at the bottom - this is the best way to maintain minimal polys.
o Never use the polygon reduction tool, it severely sucks.
o If you wanted to model a leg for example, make a stack of extruded polylines by copying and pasting, then join them all together and convert to a mesh - gives you the shape but with editable points all the way up.

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
CrayZemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 00:51
Can't wait till I order the full version!

Oh, I noticed that there is an object limit in the trial version, is there one in the full one or is that up to computer memory?

"I need gopher-chucks!!"
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 02:53
Nah, the 25 save limit is just in the trial version.

I find it easier to use than any other modeller, it's really easy to learn, everythings nicely laid out for you .

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 11:50:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 11:50:39