Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / register milkshape 3D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 16:46
Hello,

I downloaded the new version 1.6.6a but it gave me a bug (after choosing a *.bmp for background image it wouldn't start anymore). No problem for me, I switched back to 1.6.5. But now I can't register anymore Do I have to delete the register key first? And where can I find it?

Hope you can help me,

Berry

(ps: I can't ask this at the milkshape forum because that forum is broken )
If good programmer()=1 then print "Finaly I get to the top "
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 16:51 Edited at: 18th Jun 2003 16:53
Hmmm ! what do you mean "But now I can't register anymore" ??

If you was registered in the first place then you shouldn't have to register again, even if you downgrade versions. cos your reg info is stored in your registry.

QUOTE:
(ps: I can't ask this at the milkshape forum because that forum is broken )

Erm ....... no it's not.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 17:01
I think there's a thread on the Milkshape forum's FAQ that will answer this.

Many users seemed to have that problem a while ago also.

It would be better that Mete sends CD's although with the size of the application that would be a stupid waste...But he could provide a few free modeling softwares on it such as um,let's say,wings3D.

Modeling Tip of the Week:The more details you put on a model,the more you will learn from it!
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 18:08
LOL !!

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 18:17 Edited at: 18th Jun 2003 18:18

Well you know,I still consider Milkshape a great tool for learning which helped me getting started but I needed much more than what it gave me,it just became obvious after a while that wings3d was the best choice...Plus now that you can implement Yaffray,I can feel a good rendering era comming which will encourage people to modify and ameliorate it.

The material editor is at an early stage but has everything MS3D has plus UVMapping is actually fun with wings.

Still,I would not recommend Wings3D to an extreme debutant but it is nevertheless the only freeware open source program that converts Maya and Max long time users...If you can't afford Mirai(6000$),this is what you will want.

Modeling Tip of the Week:The more details you put on a model,the more you will learn from it!

If I've seen it all before,why's this bus taking me back again?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 20:17
1.6.x uses a different License Scheme to 1.4/5.x ... it was updated in 1.6.0

however i'm very surprised that the Choose Backgroun Image... doesn't work, would you mind telling me what graphics card you have?
I'd suggest you email mete about it though, the only time your registery will loose its registeration is because you don't have a valid serial OR you reformat the HDD (and it has to be a FULL reformat not a quick)

I pride myself that i don't kill...
well not without a good reason

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 11:57:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 11:57:29