Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Lithunwrap help needed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 18:31
I getting nowhere with this problem, hope someone can help me.

If I got a smooth shaded model in lithunwrap & save as *.x then it saves as flat shaded.
Even basic primitives save as flat shaded. Heres an example of steps I followed:

FILE->NEW->SPHERE click OK
PREVIEW->SHOW MODEL admire the lovely smooth sphere, shut preview window.
FILE->MODEL->SAVE save it as test.x
reset lithunwrap
FILE->MODEL->LOAD load test.x
PREVIEW->SHOW MODEL now it's flat shaded.

What I am doing at moment to get around this problem is saving ast*.obj, opening in truespace and saving as *.x

So what am I doing wrong in Lithunwrap? Can Lithunwrap save smooth models as *.x?

thanx
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2003 19:57
What you have to remember is that Lithunwrap v1.3 is a FREE UVmapping proggy ( and v1.3 was the last FREE version made )

Now it is NOT free ... and the name has now changes to "Unwrap3D" which is currently on version 2.03.

It also has a hell of a lot of new features and BUG fixes from when it was "Lithunwrap"

Basically if you are still using Lith ... which is still a good UVmapper, then you have to put up with some of it's quirks. ( exporting to .X being one of them )

One way to keep your model smoothed is to save it out in the same format it went in ...... then load the model into the modeling program from which it was created, and export it out to .X from that.

If you are using a modeling program which doesn't export to .X ,,,, then get one that does !

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom

Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2003 14:10
Thanx Simple.
Blanka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 01:24
Nice advice there simple
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2003 16:03
-'Hey Lou, Lou check out that park job in 7A '

-'Sweet'

Modeling Tip of the Week:The more details you put on a model,the more you will learn from it!

If I've seen it all before,why's this bus taking me back again?
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2003 01:39
Always wanted to know that
Hey Actarus, I guess I was being stupid. Just have to save in .obj format and export in Anim8or to .3ds

Thanks Simple

Xander
Bolt of Bolt Software Productions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 09:25:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 09:25:25